70770Olympia SM3 Carriage Stuck

  • gwg247@ymail.com
    Dec 2 8:35 PM

      Hello all! My parents just passed along my grandfather's Olympia SM3, and I'm trying to get it back into working condition. Currently, the carriage won't advance at all even when I use the carriage release. The carriage lock to the left of the keys isn't engaged, and I can't seem to figure out why it won't move at all no matter what I hit or do. I've noticed that the typebars won't make contact with the platen unless I press them hard.

      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've never seen a carriage NOT move at all, and I'd really like to start using it.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic