70622Re: Looking for article from Contact (ancmeca)

  • typerqwerty
    Sep 17
      Thanks.  My French is rusty but Google Translate helps.  I've always wondered about those old factories.  Was all that equipment melted down?  Is any of it in mothballs somewhere?  When Polaroid went out of business some enthusiasts were able to buy the last surviving factory--in the Netherlands--and have since brought the famous Polaroid camera and film back to life.  See article https://tinyurl.com/yb7ckc4d .  I think it may be a bit much to hope that there's an Underwood or Hermes assembly line in storage somewhere, but we can dream right?

      Andy
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic