70568Remington Travel-Riter

  • David Born
    Aug 19
      In the next day or two, I'm about to attack my Travel-riter.  It's a common problem, I'm sure.  The carriage return is completely inconsistent.  I can type properly for a string of characters, then the carriage will skip 6-10 spaces (give or take).  Sometimes, it runs its full length.  I suspect the escapement and the carraige strap or drawstring.  Seems like I fixed the same problem on a typewriter many years ago on a Facit.  Dirt and gummed up oil were the problem then.  Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions specific to Remingtons.

      thanks,
      david

      --
      Stories are for joining the past to the future.  Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are.  Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember except the story.  --  Tim O'Brien, The Things They Carried

      David O. Born
      St. Paul, MN

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic