Re: I made a 92 on TCLEOSE heres how

  • diehlkm
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
      I made it to Texas and have started with the city of Southlake. I
      passed the 120 hour on-line course test and I'm waiting for my
      certificate of eligabilty from TCLEOSE to take the exam. I have been
      taking the practice exams on victoriacollege and TLETCA. Are those
      sufficient to pass the exam?

      --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Sauls <jackal5382@...>
      wrote:

      > Test is simple Focus alot on Penal Code and Traffic Code and Use
      of force. Also Constitution is on there and a really good site to
      look up is http://www.tletca.org/test.html and
      http://www.victoriacollege.edu/policeacademy/test.html the tletca
      practice test is like 75% just like the real deal. Now I just got
      to go get gainfully employed.

    • paulkagel
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9, 2008
        Between those and studying here you should pass the exam. There is
        stuff that you couldn't possibly prepare for on it and stuff that you
        couldn't possibly know unless you were working for one of the
        specialty departments but you will pass. Just make sure you can ace
        those tests on VC.

        PK

        --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "diehlkm" <diehlkm@...> wrote:

        > I made it to Texas and have started with the city of Southlake. I
        > passed the 120 hour on-line course test and I'm waiting for my
        > certificate of eligabilty from TCLEOSE to take the exam. I have been
        > taking the practice exams on victoriacollege and TLETCA. Are those
        > sufficient to pass the exam?
        >

        > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Sauls <jackal5382@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Test is simple Focus alot on Penal Code and Traffic Code and Use
        > of force. Also Constitution is on there and a really good site to
        > look up is http://www.tletca.org/test.html and
        > http://www.victoriacollege.edu/policeacademy/test.html the tletca
        > practice test is like 75% just like the real deal. Now I just got
        > to go get gainfully employed.

      • Stephen Coffman
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
          Thanks for the information. However, could you give us some insight as to the actual test? For example, is it an "open book" test or should I memorize everything?

          How long is the test and what are the time limits? How long did it take for the test?

          Is it divided up among the subjects, i.e. are there sections with breaks in between?

          Thanks,

          Stephen

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2008
            Well, I think it was 250 questions 3 hours on the computer but I took
            significantly less time than that to do the test. You are allowed to
            answer and then mark questions for review so that you can go back and
            answer them. It is kinda random how the questions are asked but yes,
            you should basically memorize everything. They will even ask silly
            stuff like how many shotgun rounds and at what distance do you qualify
            for. You need to know everything but the questions are asked pretty
            much like the VC tests show.

            --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Coffman
            <stephencoffman@...> wrote:

            > Thanks for the information. However, could you give us some insight
            as to the actual test? For example, is it an "open book" test or
            should I memorize everything?

            > How long is the test and what are the time limits? How long did
            it take for the test?

            > Is it divided up among the subjects, i.e. are there sections with
            breaks in between?

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Stephen
            >
            > paulkagel <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            > Between those and studying here you should pass the exam.
            There is
            > stuff that you couldn't possibly prepare for on it and stuff that you
            > couldn't possibly know unless you were working for one of the
            > specialty departments but you will pass. Just make sure you can ace
            > those tests on VC.
            >
            > PK
            >
            > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "diehlkm" <diehlkm@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I made it to Texas and have started with the city of Southlake. I
            > > passed the 120 hour on-line course test and I'm waiting for my
            > > certificate of eligabilty from TCLEOSE to take the exam. I have been
            > > taking the practice exams on victoriacollege and TLETCA. Are those
            > > sufficient to pass the exam?
            > >

            > > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Sauls <jackal5382@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Test is simple Focus alot on Penal Code and Traffic Code and Use
            > > of force. Also Constitution is on there and a really good site to
            > > look up is http://www.tletca.org/test.html and
            > > http://www.victoriacollege.edu/policeacademy/test.html the tletca
            > > practice test is like 75% just like the real deal. Now I just got
            > > to go get gainfully employed.

          • Bryan Williamson
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2008
              Use the exams on tletca.org Im getting some feed back that some of VC test have not been updated and may have some error. I put them online 5 years ago and they have not to my knowledge been updated in 2. The state exam is 2.5 hours long, 250 questions and you cant memorize stuff. It is computer generated so everyone who takes it gets a similar but diffferent exam. Know what you can about penal code, ccp, traffic, professionalism, health and safety code, occupation code. Study the concept of what a question may be asking and you should be able to figure out anything in that topic area..

              Stephen Coffman <stephencoffman@...> wrote: Thanks for the information. However, could you give us some insight as to the actual test? For example, is it an "open book" test or should I memorize everything?

              How long is the test and what are the time limits? How long did it take for the test?

              Is it divided up among the subjects, i.e. are there sections with breaks in between?

              Thanks,

              Stephen

              paulkagel <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
              Between those and studying here you should pass the exam. There is
              stuff that you couldn't possibly prepare for on it and stuff that you
              couldn't possibly know unless you were working for one of the
              specialty departments but you will pass. Just make sure you can ace
              those tests on VC.

              PK

              --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "diehlkm" <diehlkm@...> wrote:

              > I made it to Texas and have started with the city of Southlake. I
              > passed the 120 hour on-line course test and I'm waiting for my
              > certificate of eligabilty from TCLEOSE to take the exam. I have been
              > taking the practice exams on victoriacollege and TLETCA. Are those
              > sufficient to pass the exam?
              >

              > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Brad Sauls <jackal5382@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Test is simple Focus alot on Penal Code and Traffic Code and Use
              > of force. Also Constitution is on there and a really good site to
              > look up is http://www.tletca.org/test.html and
              > http://www.victoriacollege.edu/policeacademy/test.html the tletca
              > practice test is like 75% just like the real deal. Now I just got
              > to go get gainfully employed.

              "In everyone's life at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flames by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit" Albert Schweitzer