Intro

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2012
      All,

      I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm about to retire from the military after 24 years, 12 of which have been LE. I've completed my POST in California in 97 and have been a Reserve since. Currently stationed in Japan.

      I'm from the Austin/Bastrop area but will be retiring to the Houston area.

      I'm looking at completing the Supplemental Course. Looking for someone that would like wouldn't mind to mentor me during this process.

      V/R
      Jerry
    • Tatsujin
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 8, 2012
        Welcome aboard, Jerry.

        I took the 120 hr. Supplemental course and found it to be very helpful and informative. I'm actually taking he test tomorrow (Monday) morning, so I guess I'll see how helpful it was. LOL.

        Best of luck,

        Grant

        --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <fallbrook32z1@...> wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm about to retire from the military after 24 years, 12 of which have been LE. I've completed my POST in California in 97 and have been a Reserve since. Currently stationed in Japan.
        >
        > I'm from the Austin/Bastrop area but will be retiring to the Houston area.
        >
        > I'm looking at completing the Supplemental Course. Looking for someone that would like wouldn't mind to mentor me during this process.
        >
        > V/R
        > Jerry

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2012
          Grant,

          How did the test go??

          Jerry

          On Jul 9, 2012, at 12:25 AM, "Tatsujin" <tatsujin_thewolf@...> wrote:

          > Welcome aboard, Jerry.
          >
          > I took the 120 hr. Supplemental course and found it to be very helpful and informative. I'm actually taking he test tomorrow (Monday) morning, so I guess I'll see how helpful it was. LOL.
          >
          > Best of luck,
          >
          > Grant
          >
          > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <fallbrook32z1@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > All,
          > >
          > > I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm about to retire from the military after 24 years, 12 of which have been LE. I've completed my POST in California in 97 and have been a Reserve since. Currently stationed in Japan.
          > >
          > > I'm from the Austin/Bastrop area but will be retiring to the Houston area.
          > >
          > > I'm looking at completing the Supplemental Course. Looking for someone that would like wouldn't mind to mentor me during this process.
          > >
          > > V/R
          > > Jerry

        • Tatsujin
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 15, 2012
            I'm very disappointed to say I blew my first shot at the test with a score 68.

            I took the Supplemental Peace Officer course and I took every practice test I could find (Victoria, TAMU) and was scoring high 80's to mid 90's. I thought I was prepared and I was obviously wrong. The material covered in the practice tests made up probably 40-50% of actual test questions. Do NOT rely too heavily on the practice tests - it will bite you in the butt.

            I'm in the process of moving into a new house and have my kids for the summer, so I will be giving it another shot about mid August.

            --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, Jerry <fallbrook32z1@...> wrote:

            > Grant,
            >
            > How did the test go??
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > On Jul 9, 2012, at 12:25 AM, "Tatsujin" <tatsujin_thewolf@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Welcome aboard, Jerry.
            > >
            > > I took the 120 hr. Supplemental course and found it to be very helpful and informative. I'm actually taking he test tomorrow (Monday) morning, so I guess I'll see how helpful it was. LOL.
            > >
            > > Best of luck,
            > >
            > > Grant
            > >
            > > --- In TXBasicAcademy@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <fallbrook32z1@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > All,
            > > >
            > > > I would like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Jerry and I'm about to retire from the military after 24 years, 12 of which have been LE. I've completed my POST in California in 97 and have been a Reserve since. Currently stationed in Japan.
            > > >
            > > > I'm from the Austin/Bastrop area but will be retiring to the Houston area.
            > > >
            > > > I'm looking at completing the Supplemental Course. Looking for someone that would like wouldn't mind to mentor me during this process.
            > > >
            > > > V/R
            > > > Jerry

          • Waylon Nentwig
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 19, 2012
              I will be taking the test soon as well, did you find any helpful study materiel?

              Waylon