Seeking Recent Acad/Grads Advice on TCLEOSE EXAM !!

  • pop.smoke
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 16, 2011
      Veteran Tx Police Officer needs your assistance to challenge the exam :

      First off ,Congrats to all who have recently passed your police/sheriff
      academies and good luck in your new profession ! Without boring everyone
      with exact years ,agency worked etc, I am not finished working in LE and
      I miss everything about the job. That said, here is what info I need to
      challenge the test :

      In your academy studies, how many versions of the TCLEOSE exam were
      mentioned and did your study guides focus on one version more than the
      other.

      What percent of your final or state exams were , PC,CCP,TC etc and what
      was drilled into you throughout the academy involving the state exam.

      Finally, If you were a Tx Academy graduate but been out for several
      years...what areas would you focus on to pass the exam !

      Currently using the Supplemental Peace Officer Guide, Practice Tests.
      Mandated Courses Current .

      Any and all help is appreciated !

    • Mr. Paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 16, 2011
        Like earlier that was written study the penal code, traffic, and ccp. Simple questions that susprised u on the test, take the time to look at them. I know u can't remember all the questions, but it will be the same test. I also challenged the exam when I left Kansas Highway Patrol. I thought it was difficult because they don't make u take the 1018 course but ur responsible for all parts like patrol proceedures and arrest proceedures. That was the part that hindered me. We all learned to handcuff differently like speed cuffing with quick cuffs, but The Great State of Texas does things Texas style. So study the little things its not the big things that are getting u. Good Luck and Keep the faith.
        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        I just took the exam and failed by one lousy percent. Scored 69% I need to challenge the exam also.  What do you suggest I do?

        Also, I strongly suggest that you study Penal Codes and Traffic. Some of the questions look familar to the ones on the internet.  Just type in  google TCLEOSE PRACTICE Exam and the practice questions there you should definately study.  Trust me.

        Any help for me?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 16, 2011
          Correction I said they don't make u take the 1018 I meant u have to take it but not the rest of the academy requirements. So technically new recruits have the edge. I'm willing to bet recruits make higher scores on the test then Out of state officers are officers who have to re certify because there license has expired. This is because they are starting from the beginning and new ways of doing things are being implemented every day.
          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
            I have recently graduated and passed the state test as of november 2010....I remeber it like it was literally yesterday if it is any motivation our whole class passed the test first try 80% or higher. ....Focus a lot on penal code traffic. Mostly the measurments and weights and terminology for traffic. CCP study your writs and warrants and penal code know all of it that is 70% of your test right there the rest will fall into place just like the rest of the sections good luck god bless

            On Sun Jan 16th, 2011 8:38 PM EST Mr. Paul wrote:

            >Correction I said they don't make u take the 1018 I meant u have to take it but not the rest of the academy requirements. So technically new recruits have the edge. I'm willing to bet recruits make higher scores on the test then Out of state officers are officers who have to re certify because there license has expired. This is because they are starting from the beginning and new ways of doing things are being implemented every day.
            >Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          • Klint Turney
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
              Also, post your scores on each category. Look at the category that you did real
              bad in. I took the exam 2 months ago and passed with a 94 so if I can help you
              in anyway I will try. BTW I used the Basic Peace Officer found here >
              http://www.mccutchanpublishing.com/item96096.ctlg
              it explained Every Thing where I could understand it and had GREAT practice
              questions.

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 18, 2011
                http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0821117696/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=&sr=&seller=&colid=&condition=used

                This book saved my life, in the academy and just seen it for a lower "used"
                price on Amazon. hope it helps.