Anyone have Day or Evening Academy Success Statistics?

  • breezy062
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
      I start the Eastfield Academy on Monday. I toiled with attending the
      day or evening academy. I finally landed on the day academy but was
      told that it would not be impossible to switch back to the evening
      academy.

      Anyone have the pros and cons of the day versus evening? Mainly the
      first time pass rate for the TECLEOS (i.e. which one has the higher
      success rate for the TECLEOS, Day or Evening?)

      The obvious is the day academy is 5 months while the evening is 10
      months. My hope was to complete the academy faster (hence the choice
      for day) but did I do myself a disservice?

      The response doesn't have to be Eastfield specific; any knowledge of
      Day versus Evening is good.

      Thanks.
    • txtish@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
        Stick with the day!? I did day and felt like I never struggled, had friends do night and they got burnt out because it went longer, AND their families expected them to be "normal" during the day and not study.? Especially if you're not having to work at the same time, I'd say stick with day.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
          I agree, I started in half day and had to move over to full time. It takes too long for half time. Stick with day.

          > Stick with the day!? I did day and felt like I never
          > struggled, had friends do night and they got burnt out
          > because it went longer, AND their families expected them to
          > be "normal" during the day and not study.?
          > Especially if you're not having to work at the same
          > time, I'd say stick with day.

        • Nick Holbrook
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 1, 2008
            Speaking from experience, stick with the day class. This is my 3rd go-round with the academy. Too many things can happen in 10~11 months that you don't foresee now. And with TCLEOSE mandating automatic withdrawal at 70hrs (and my particular academy cutting you off at 40 w/o a Dr.'s excuse) it's just too risky. I don't know of any statistics for pass/fail rates, but I can guarantee you that the pass rate is lower for the night academy for first time takes. It only makes sense to view it that way 10~11 months vs. 5 months. You forget (or neglect to remember) way too much in the additional ~5 months.

            So, stick with the day and just get it over with. I'm starting on the 18th and am stoked to not have to devote 4 hours a night and lose time with my family and friends. You'll be glad you did!

            breezy062 <breezy062@...> wrote: I start the Eastfield Academy on Monday. I toiled with attending the