Bilingual hoax?

  • Jon Kittilsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30 2:44 AM
      One of the reasons I quite enthusiastically upgraded to Studio 2011 was its
      purported ability to translate bilingual word files.

      Today I tried this for the third time, and for the third time I was
      inundated with meaningless error messages (SDL XLIFF validation error and
      some keyref sequence the software couldn't find).

      On previous occasions I tried to translate bilingual documents provided by
      clients, this time I made it myself with the translate function in WB. I set
      it to 75%+ and to segment unknown sentences. WB managed that without a
      hitch.

      However, when trying to set up a project in S2011, everything went fine
      through "Convert to translatable format" and "Copy to Target Languages", but
      the final three steps saw error crosses and the project could not be set up.

      I don't think there is anything in my setup that is out of the ordinary, so
      I wonder why I cannot translate run-of-the-mill bilingual word documents.

      As I said, being able to translate bilingual files was a major reason why I
      upgraded, so I would really like to be able to use it? SDL would claim a
      capability that doesn't exist, would they?

      Help anybody?

      All the best,

      Jon

    • Aleksandr Okunev
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30 4:06 AM
        As far as I remember, there is a setting about tw4winmark style or
        delimiters colour, which must be toggled somewhere in the chaos of
        Studio settings. Then Studio will interpret them correctly.

        I wonder why this is not the default behaviour.

        Being honest, I do not wonder.