Re: [TW] images in ms. word document

  • freethemockingbird
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2, 2008
      Hi AV,

      Is this kind of problem somewhat expected in the Workbench?

      Regards,
      FTM

      --- In TW_users@yahoogroups.com, "Angelo Valtzis" <listen@...> wrote:

      > Hi FTM,
      >
      > Why don't you use TagEditor... That should solve your problem...
      >
      > Good luck
      >
      > AV

    • freethemockingbird
      Message 2 of 14 , May 2, 2008
        Hi Paul,

        I use Microsoft Word 2000, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0 and my
        operating system is Windows XP Professional.

        Thanks,
        FTM

        --- In TW_users@yahoogroups.com, Paul Danaher <Paul.Danaher@...> wrote:

        > freethemockingbird wrote:
        > > Hi Walter, Sandra and Paul,
        > >
        > > Thank you very much for your quick response. Your information on how
        > > to remove images during the process of translation is very useful.
        > > However, my problem remains, it still takes about 15 minutes for the
        > > workbench to close or open the segments.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > FTM
        >
        > If you can't see the images, that isn't the problem. We need more
        > information, I think - which Word version are you using, which TraDos
        > version, and what OS do you have?

      • Sandra
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3, 2008
          Hi FTM,
          What other visible or invisible stuff do you have in the file?
          You could pass the source file through the clean up function of WB,
          after checking the boxes Strip unused fonts and Strip unused styles in
          Translation Memory Options/ Tools (unless told otherwise by the
          customer). That should help.
          Sandra

          freethemockingbird wrote:
          > Hi Walter, Sandra and Paul,
          >
          > Thank you very much for your quick response. Your information on how
          > to remove images during the process of translation is very useful.
          > However, my problem remains, it still takes about 15 minutes for the
          > workbench to close or open the segments.
          >
          > Regards,
          > FTM

        • Paul Danaher
          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2008
            freethemockingbird wrote:
            > Hi Paul,
            >
            > I use Microsoft Word 2000, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0 and my
            > operating system is Windows XP Professional.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > FTM

            And the hardware?
          • freethemockingbird
            Message 5 of 14 , May 3, 2008
              Hello Paul,

              I only have this problem with this particular document (about 7 Mb in
              size). My workbench works just fine with any small size files.

              Thanks,
              FTM
              English-Indonesian

              --- In TW_users@yahoogroups.com, Paul Danaher <Paul.Danaher@...> wrote:

              > freethemockingbird wrote:
              > > Hi Paul,
              > >
              > > I use Microsoft Word 2000, SDL Trados 2007 Freelance 8.0 and my
              > > operating system is Windows XP Professional.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > > FTM
              >
              > And the hardware?

            • freethemockingbird
              Message 6 of 14 , May 3, 2008
                Thank you Sandra for your help. I have followed your instructions
                below, but the problem is still there :(

                Thanks,
                FTM
                English-Indonesian

                --- In TW_users@yahoogroups.com, Sandra <sangro407@...> wrote:

                > Hi FTM,
                > What other visible or invisible stuff do you have in the file?
                > You could pass the source file through the clean up function of WB,
                > after checking the boxes Strip unused fonts and Strip unused styles in
                > Translation Memory Options/ Tools (unless told otherwise by the
                > customer). That should help.
                > Sandra
                >
                > freethemockingbird wrote:
                > > Hi Walter, Sandra and Paul,
                > >
                > > Thank you very much for your quick response. Your information on how
                > > to remove images during the process of translation is very useful.
                > > However, my problem remains, it still takes about 15 minutes for the
                > > workbench to close or open the segments.
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > > FTM

              • freethemockingbird
                Message 7 of 14 , May 3, 2008
                  Hi AV,

                  Do you have any manuals/instructions that comprehensively explain the
                  methods of translating MS. Word files using TagEditor?

                  Thanks in advance,

                  FTM
                  English - Indonesian