Re: [TW] trouble cleaning up Excel file translated with TagEditor

  • Ben & Cris
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2004
      Hi Walter,

      > TABLE_TRANSLATED.XLS is the target Excel file; it contains only the target
      > text and is your final product.
      >
      > In other words, when you "save as target", you do a similar action as when
      > cleaning-up a bilingual WORD file, except that in that case you *don't*
      have
      > to launch a "clean-up operation" and TWB is not involved at all. "Saving
      as
      > target" in TE corresponds to cleaning the file, in some sense.

      Suppose that later you change the target file, be it in Excel format or
      other, can you still update you T.Memory after that - without going back in
      to T.Editor - even if you have to save the file in .rtf format, and then run
      a CleanUp process in Workbench, with the option "Update TM" selected??

      TIA,
      ~ ~ ~
      Jose B. Ruivo

      (Now using WinRAR 3.3 (www.rarlab.com) or WinZip 9 (www.winzip.com).

      http://jose-ruivo.planetaclix.pt

      JoseRuivo@... jose.b.ruivo@...

      Phone: +351-21-457.9773

      Mobile/cellular: +351-934.190.797

      R. Teixeira Aguilar, Lt. 19 - 3 Esq.
      B. Escola Tecnica
      2775-289 Parede
      PORTUGAL
      * * * * *
    • Walter Blaser
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 2004
        Jose

        As the target file only contains the target (in other words it is like a
        cleaned file, it does not contain any source anymore), I dont 'see how you
        could use it to update your TM.

        If you need to make changes, you would have to make them in the TTX file and
        then do another "SAVE AS TARGET".