RE: [TTLUG] I'm back

  • RichardJ@ngc.co.tt
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 4, 2003
      Also not a bad idea.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Kerry Panchoo [mailto:kpanchoo@...]
      Sent: Monday, August 04, 2003 11:20 AM
      To: TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [TTLUG] I'm back

      Maybe what should be considered is a
      "Setting up Linux for Dummies/Microsoft Users"
      where you'd do all this stuff via the GUI tools available in linux.
      Often users are intimidated by the sheer complexity of configuring linux
      daeoms etc and I know there a diehards who like working with
      configuration files-- which is all good.. but there are very simply,
      quicker and less painfull solution is using the large number of GUI
      configuration tools that come with linux distros (Redhat & Mandrake is
      very good for this!) which makes the transition from M$ to Linux a less
      painfull one.

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 7, 2003
        nice :)

        I got so used to calling here the Caribbean i forgot that its also the
        West Indies.