ORACLE

  • Vishal Ramcharan
    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 27, 2003
      anyone in here ever used oracle on linux?

      Vishal
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
        Message

        now this is an interesting scam idea......
        anyone for getting kidnapped in Nigeria?

        PRINCE KABILA
        E-MAIL:princekabila1111@...
        TELL:27-73-318-1653

                            PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL

        Dear: Vlade,

        I do forsee the surprise this letter will bring to you as it comes from
        stranger but rest assured as it comes with best intention. However,
        your
        address was courtesy of a business journal at the World Trade
        Center in Johannesburg, but after due consideration from your profile,
        became aware of your credibility of handling this trust and my future.
        Thus
        after my humble decision to solicit your understanding and
        co-operation in this transaction as it will be beneficial to all of us
        involved.

        My name is Prince Kabila from the Democratic Republic of Congo, the
        first
        son of second wife to Laurent Kabila. As you know that my father
        Laurent
        Kabila,President of the Republic of Congo was assassinated by a
        bodyguard on
        the 16th of January 2001.

        My late father used his position to make some fortune for himself and
        his
        children. I was studying when my father died and was forced to return
        for
        his burial.After his burial the family started having problems,which is
        phenomenal with polygamous families. He
        married three wives and had ten children. It is as a result of this
        problem
        that I beckoned on my father’s attorney for advice. And he notified me
        about
        my father’s “WILL” with his chamber.

        When I was going through the “WILL” I discovered that my late father
        foresaw
        what would happen in future when he died. That led him to share his
        assets
        among his children. He drew my attention where he states:

        As a father who loves and care for his children,I took it upon myself
        share my properties to the three families I have. For you Prince, I
        have a
        box deposited with a security company in Johannesburg,
        South Africa for you to take care of yourself, your mother, your
        brother and
        two sisters in case you see me no more.The box contains US$28
        Million(Twenty
        Eight Million United States Dollars). I deposited the said box in
        Johannesburg, South Africa as valuables.

        You have to go to my attorney and collect a letter containing all you
        need
        to know about the box.Besides, the box was deposited in your name and
        you
        alone can claim it” With these as my father’s words,I see that my
        father’s
        family cannot accommodate me and Joseph, now the President of
        Democratic
        Republic of Congo, I decided to solicit for your help to transfer this
        money
        into your company or private account on any other part of the world.

        Secondly, you will also help me to look for profitable investment
        overseas
        because I do not have any knowledge of international investment. If you
        are
        interested in helping me, please contact me with the above mentioned
        telephone or e-mail indicating your interest in helping me.

        I will compensate you with 25% of the total sum for your assistance, 5%
        for
        expenses that may be incurred in the course of this transaction and the
        remaining 70% will be for my family and I, which you will help
        to invest.

        This transaction needs utmost trust and confidentiality . Note also
        this
        transaction attracts no risk on your side since I have arranged all
        modalities for safe,smooth and successful transaction.

        LOOking forward to your urgent reply. Remain blessed.
        (PLEASE TRY TO MANTIAN THE STRICT CONFIDENTIAL OF THIS
        LETTER}

        Best Regard
        Prince Kabila
      • RichardJ@ngc.co.tt
        Message 3 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
          There have been one or two.

        • Taran Rampersad <cnd@knowprose.com>
          Message 4 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
            --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Vlade Malfet" <blacknwhite@t...> wrote:

            > now this is an interesting scam idea......
            > anyone for getting kidnapped in Nigeria?

            Actually, people get killed when they investigate this scam. Or they
            never come back.

            Taran
            http://www.knowprose.com
          • Taran Rampersad <cnd@knowprose.com>
            Message 5 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
              --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Vishal Ramcharan" <freakii@s...> wrote:
              > anyone in here ever used oracle on linux?
              >
              > Vishal

              Not personally, but I know someone who has. Why? Or are you just
              taking roll call? :D

              Taran
              http://www.knowprose.com
            • RichardJ@ngc.co.tt
              Message 6 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                Yep. Better to have fun with the scammers-to be.
                http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

                > now this is an interesting scam idea......
                > anyone for getting kidnapped in Nigeria?

                Actually, people get killed when they investigate this scam. Or they
                never come back.

                Taran
                http://www.knowprose.com

              • Ansar Mohammed
                Message 7 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003

                  Yup..

                  Whats the issue.

                  Message 8 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                    The following is a copy of what I sent to the Nigerian thing:
                    Dear sir, I would be very happy to help you in your situation, but please be
                    advised that I have absolutely no use for money my many, many businesses and
                    associates provide me with more than I an ever hope to spend in 1000
                    lifetimes,
                    However if you still wish my help there is one resource that you may be able
                    to provide, something which I understand your country has a rather large
                    abundance of, people. You see I love nothing more than the tats of fresh
                    spinal fluid in the morning....or perhaps a chunk of flesh for lunch, now as
                    you can tell from my location, procuring such, delicacies, is rather
                    difficult. Being a prince I am shore you are aware that many people under
                    your rule are totally and completely useless and are in fact a burden to
                    your nation. I see a mutually beneficial arrangement can be made for both of
                    us. If you were to agree to send me one person a week, not a fat digesting
                    or old slob, but a nice faith health specimen, between the ages of 9 to 38
                    we can come so many profitable and lucrative arrangements. Now bear in mind
                    I am not asking for one that is already cut into those lovely bite sized
                    pieces but a whole alive and breathing individual. There is nothing as
                    disgusting as dead human...and believe me I have more than enough of them
                    around here. You can simply tell them they have been granted a job in
                    another country and send them on their merry way....I take great delight in
                    listening to them scream while I am tearing their throats out or ripping
                    their delightfully fluttering hears out with my hands. Please reply to me as
                    soon as possible because the sheer extract of such an arrangement is like
                    torturing nectar in my mind,

                    egerly looking forward to your favorable reply
                    Vlade , 8 generation decendent of Vlad Tepist.

                    Hehe...
                    Btw I am not related to him ...nor did my name come from him
                    either....dident even know who he was till 6 months ago...

                    Vlade Malfet
                    ICQ#: 6116589
                    AOL#: darkvlade
                    MSN#: darkvlade@...
                    Yahoo! #: darkvlade
                    Cell# : 1 868 763 3798
                    Internet Pager #: 8687633798@...
                    Email: darkvlade@..., darkvlade@...
                    Current ICQ status:

                    + More ways to contact me

                    Yep. Better to have fun with the scammers-to be.
                    http://home.rica.net/alphae/419coal/

                    > now this is an interesting scam idea......
                    > anyone for getting kidnapped in Nigeria?

                    Actually, people get killed when they investigate this scam. Or they never
                    come back.

                    Taran
                    http://www.knowprose.com

                    ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Get
                    128 Bit SSL Encryption!
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/FpY02D/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM
                  • Vishal Ramcharan
                    Message 9 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                      just taking roll call ;-)
                      ill say more later on
                      but its a supprise i dont want to spoil ;-)

                      Vishal

                      Message 10 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                        You're sick

                        --- In TTLUG@yahoogroups.com, "Vlade Malfet" <blacknwhite@t...> wrote:
                        > The following is a copy of what I sent to the Nigerian thing:
                        > Dear sir, I would be very happy to help you in your situation, but
                        please be
                        > advised that I have absolutely no use for money my many, many
                        businesses and
                        > associates provide me with more than I an ever hope to spend in 1000
                        > lifetimes,
                        > However if you still wish my help there is one resource that you may
                        be able
                        > to provide, something which I understand your country has a rather large
                        > abundance of, people. You see I love nothing more than the tats of fresh
                        > spinal fluid in the morning....or perhaps a chunk of flesh for
                        lunch, now as
                        > you can tell from my location, procuring such, delicacies, is rather
                        > difficult. Being a prince I am shore you are aware that many people
                        under
                        > your rule are totally and completely useless and are in fact a burden to
                        > your nation. I see a mutually beneficial arrangement can be made for
                        both of
                        > us. If you were to agree to send me one person a week, not a fat
                        digesting
                        > or old slob, but a nice faith health specimen, between the ages of 9
                        to 38
                        > we can come so many profitable and lucrative arrangements. Now bear
                        in mind
                        > I am not asking for one that is already cut into those lovely bite sized
                        > pieces but a whole alive and breathing individual. There is nothing as
                        > disgusting as dead human...and believe me I have more than enough of
                        them
                        > around here. You can simply tell them they have been granted a job in
                        > another country and send them on their merry way....I take great
                        delight in
                        > listening to them scream while I am tearing their throats out or ripping
                        > their delightfully fluttering hears out with my hands. Please reply
                        to me as
                        > soon as possible because the sheer extract of such an arrangement is
                        like
                        > torturing nectar in my mind,
                        >
                        > egerly looking forward to your favorable reply
                        > Vlade , 8 generation decendent of Vlad Tepist.
                        >

                        > Hehe...
                        > Btw I am not related to him ...nor did my name come from him
                        > either....dident even know who he was till 6 months ago...

                        > Vlade Malfet
                        > ICQ#: 6116589
                        > AOL#: darkvlade
                        > MSN#: darkvlade@h...
                        > Yahoo! #: darkvlade
                        > Cell# : 1 868 763 3798
                        > Internet Pager #: 8687633798@t...
                        > Email: darkvlade@y..., darkvlade@h...
                        > Current ICQ status:
                        >
                        > + More ways to contact me

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                      • Kerry Panchoo

                          Message 12 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                            no need to go so far.. check out trinidad.. it happening right here

> [...]
                            >
                            > because I do not have any knowledge of international investment. If you
                            >
                            > are
                            >
                            > interested in helping me, please contact me with the above mentioned
                            >
                            > telephone or e-mail indicating your interest in helping me.
                            >

                            > I will compensate you with 25% of the total sum for your assistance, 5%
                            >
                            > for
                            >
                            > expenses that may be incurred in the course of this transaction and the
                            >
                            > remaining 70% will be for my family and I, which you will help
                            >
                            > to invest.
                            >

                            > This transaction needs utmost trust and confidentiality . Note also
                            >
                            > this
                            >
                            > transaction attracts no risk on your side since I have arranged all
                            >
                            > modalities for safe,smooth and successful transaction.
                            >

                            > LOOking forward to your urgent reply. Remain blessed.
                            >
                            > (PLEASE TRY TO MANTIAN THE STRICT CONFIDENTIAL OF THIS

                          • Kirk Lashley
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                              Vlade,

                              Ummm for someone so busy, you've got way too much time on your hands.
                              Now suppose you wake up tomorrow with a special delivery of a maxi taxi
                              full of unsuspecting Nigerians from these people? I could imagine the
                              Custom's officers asking you to clarify the 2000cuft package marked
                              "meat" from Nigeria. "Sir, could you open up this container..."

                              - Kirk

                              Vlade Malfet wrote:
                              > The following is a copy of what I sent to the Nigerian thing:
                              > Dear sir,... <snip>
                            • Michael K.
                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                                *No Message*
                                Message 15 of 18 , Feb 28, 2003
                                  *L* actually when you get to know me, you'll realize that hundreds of these
                                  little scenarios fly thru my head every minute ..I don't even think em up,
                                  they are always there...its a byproduct of knowing people like Vishal and
                                  Kerry :)
                                  It took me about 2 minutes to type that out and probably 5 seconds to come
                                  up with it in the first place, you should hear my take on sesame
                                  street...now that one I dedicated a entire day to :)

                                  As for the meat
                                  container.....hm............................................................
                                  ...............................................*pondering*..................

                                  Anyone for some Congo stew? Its gonan be fresh :)...well. might be a little
                                  salty......

                                  Btw....ALL HAIL the spell check gurus.

                                  ..............come to think of it.. If that actually did happen for real, I
                                  would be their new hero cause I saved them form a brutal tyrant who would
                                  have killed em anyway.
                                  And with an entire container full, I doubt they would notice 3 or 4
                                  missing.....hey!!! We could teach em Linux and send them forth into the
                                  world!!!

                                  Vlade Malfet
                                  ICQ#: 6116589
                                  AOL#: darkvlade
                                  MSN#: darkvlade@...
                                  Yahoo! #: darkvlade
                                  Cell# : 1 868 763 3798
                                  Internet Pager #: 8687633798@...
                                  Email: darkvlade@..., darkvlade@...
                                  Current ICQ status:

                                  + More ways to contact me

                                  Vlade Malfet wrote:
                                  > The following is a copy of what I sent to the Nigerian thing: Dear
                                  > sir,... <snip>

                                  ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Get
                                  128 Bit SSL Encryption!
                                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/FpY02D/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM
                                • David McKen
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Mar 2, 2003
                                    I am never coming back to trinidad again!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    --- "Taran Rampersad <cnd@...>"

                                    =====
                                    Signed
                                    David Mcken

                                    Life Sucks
                                    Live with it

                                    http://taxes.yahoo.com/
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Mar 2, 2003
                                      You know you want to.....carnival and cascadeu await!!
                                      *L*
                                      ....you know, after reading the responses (about people being killed over
                                      these scams) I did a little research and I was ....more than surprised by
                                      the amount of people who fall for these scams...and apparently this is one
                                      of the largest operations running?....millions are being extorted in this
                                      scam. The question's of how can people fall so easily to such scam's, and
                                      the reason for falling for them come to mind....I mean... You cannot
                                      honestly expect me to believe Business men who are making thousand and
                                      hundreds of thousands every month actually fall pray to such traps. And
                                      these are bankers, stock brokers, ETC. Is anyone else disturbed by the fact
                                      that these are the people who combined keep the entire world economy
                                      going?... Is it Greed that blinds them or is it truly a limited
                                      intelligence. Or simply a complete lack of common sense and/or street
                                      smarts? Either way....MILLIONS have been extorted....and its so weird....it
                                      cant be just a lack of intelligence... No way will I believe the human race
                                      can be that....naive.............
                                      Vlade Malfet
                                      ICQ#: 6116589
                                      AOL#: darkvlade
                                      MSN#: darkvlade@...
                                      Yahoo! #: darkvlade
                                      Cell# : 1 868 763 3798
                                      Internet Pager #: 8687633798@...
                                      Email: darkvlade@..., darkvlade@...
                                      Current ICQ status:

                                      + More ways to contact me

                                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/LIgTpC/vN2EAA/xGHJAA/0XFolB/TM
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Mar 2, 2003
                                        Vlade Malfet wrote:

                                        > ....you know, after reading the responses (about people being killed over
                                        > these scams) I did a little research and I was ....more than surprised by
                                        > the amount of people who fall for these scams...and apparently this is one
                                        > of the largest operations running?

                                        Maybe not one *big* operation, but it's one of the reason that there IS
                                        a growth in Internet cafes in Nigeria, as one example. Think a lot of
                                        one and two man operations multiplied by the hundreds of thousands. If
                                        it isn't Nigeria, it's Sierra Leone, Namibia, the Congo, the former
                                        Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Iraq... you name the catchass country, there's
                                        a 419 for them.

                                        ....millions are being extorted in this
                                        > scam. The question's of how can people fall so easily to such scam's, and
                                        > the reason for falling for them come to mind....

                                        Fundamental human dishonesty and "I getting a better deal than everybody
                                        and I too damn smart to get conned"

                                        I mean... You cannot
                                        > honestly expect me to believe Business men who are making thousand and
                                        > hundreds of thousands every month actually fall pray to such traps.

                                        Threats to your life will make you pay up. Or be threatened by hearing
                                        that you will be thrown to the crocodiles.

                                        And
                                        > these are bankers, stock brokers, ETC. Is anyone else disturbed by the fact
                                        > that these are the people who combined keep the entire world economy
                                        > going?

                                        Indicators are that the world economy is heading south. Davos
                                        industrialists are NOT happy.

                                        ... Is it Greed that blinds them or is it truly a limited
                                        > intelligence.

                                        Go for the twofer.

                                        Or simply a complete lack of common sense and/or street
                                        > smarts?

                                        Greed and stupidity are powerful stimuli.