RE: [TTLUG] Partition Woes

  • RichardJ@ngc.co.tt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
      What are you using to boot the machine? Boot Magic or Lilo/Grub?

      And did you let your Linux distribution make the partitions or did you
      create them in PM?

      The old fdisk /mbr trick will bring your MBR to the original state.

      Then you can use your Linux distro to create the partitions you need.
      Shouldn't have any problem then. I take it that the Windows partitions are
      that way because of the recovery info that Compaq stores on the HD, and I
      believe that may be what is causing the problems.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2003
        LILO is being used to boot. The partitions were created
        using the Linux installer. The compaq save info has been
        deleted (got really pissed off). Have a norton ghost image
        of the default system.

        =====
        Signed
        David Mcken

        Life Sucks
        Live with it

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • donwalkertt <donwalkertt@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2003
          Just curious ....did you create the FAT 16 or is it a partition that
          was put there by compaq?

        • David McKen
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 8, 2003
            In a fit of rage (directed at compaq) I destroyed all the
            partitions that existed and re-created all that you see.
            Luckily I created a Ghost image of the windows partiton

            --- "donwalkertt <donwalkertt@...>"

            =====
            Signed
            David Mcken