Urgent need for a Linux consultant and a Linux PC

  • Deosaran Bisnath
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
      Hi,
      I am in urgent need for a Linux consultant to fix my Linux PC. The PC is not
      booting up.
      I got filesystem errors and was advised to fsck /. However this led to
      apparently worse
      problems because I an now getting "Kernel panic" errors.
      I would also like to get a used or 2nd hand or new Linux PC.

      Anyone knows anyone who can do this? or who sells a PC like what I want?
      I don't know where else to broadcast for Linux help in Trinidad, and it also
      looks like the Linux group has been down for a few days.
      Thanks
      Deosaran
    • Dunstan Nesbit
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
        Ok, lets see if we can find the source of the kernel panic errors.
        First up tell me what distro are you using..
        Call me if you need to 753-3301

        Dunstan

        > I am in urgent need for a Linux consultant to fix my Linux PC. The PC is not
        > booting up.
        > I got filesystem errors and was advised to fsck /. However this led to
        > apparently worse
        > problems because I an now getting "Kernel panic" errors.
        > I would also like to get a used or 2nd hand or new Linux PC.
        >
        > Anyone knows anyone who can do this? or who sells a PC like what I want?
        > I don't know where else to broadcast for Linux help in Trinidad, and it also
        > looks like the Linux group has been down for a few days.
        > Thanks
        > Deosaran

        http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

        Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 5, 2002
          OK... filesystem errors.

          Sounds as if you are using an ext2-based system. Probably Red Hat.
          (of course, I could be wrong)

          Was the machine shut down improperly? Power surges from T&TEC?

          --- Dunstan Nesbit <dnes.1@...> wrote:
          > Ok, lets see if we can find the source of the kernel panic errors.
          > First up tell me what distro are you using..
          > Call me if you need to 753-3301
          >
          > Dunstan

          =====
          Richard Jobity, Trinidad and Tobago
          ICQ: 5183191; http://chanderspot.go.to

          "If the strength of your new cryptosystem relies on the fact that the attacker does not know the algorithm's inner workings, you're sunk...The best algorithms we have are ones that have been made public, have been attacked by the world's best cryptographers for years, and are still unbreakable."
          --Bruce Scheier; Applied Cryptography (Second Edition); page 7

          http://health.yahoo.com