Re: [TTLUG] off topic

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
      a riser card is basically an extension of the mainboard..its suposed to work...is it working under other os's?....rmember you need doss drivers for some stuff also...

      (good lord its been AGES since i used dos....suprisingle i still knwo the commands..
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
        Mostlikely, no DOS drivers for the riser cards.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2002
          I used ot have a old AT&R computer when a riser card..using dos stuff
          worked..but you had to load TSR's (Terminate and stay residnet) for some of
          the cards in there to work...you knwo..like the mscdex and bitcom.sys files.
          for cd'rom drives.....give me a list of the cards you have installed in
          there.....type, manufacturere and model number if possable..i'll see what i
          can dig up for ya...
          > Mostlikely, no DOS drivers for the riser cards.
          >

          > On 8 Jul 2002 at 22:50, Vlade Malfet wrote:
          >
          > > a riser card is basically an extension of the mainboard..its suposed to
          work...is it working under other os's?....rmember you need doss drivers for
          some stuff also...

          > > (good lord its been AGES since i used dos....suprisingle i still knwo
          the commands..

        • David McKen
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 30, 2003
            Message
            Nah, the fact that we will actually be seeing nigerians around will tell us you are out of the country.