Re: [TTLUG] off topic

  • Vishal Ramcharan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
      i remember those..,i even believe i have one lying around somewhere.... luckily the oldest machine i have is a pentium 100 with 16 mb ram .. and thats after the upgrade ...
      i currently have (AFTER an entire night up tilll 5am) freedos 0.8 running on my machine.. and on the network also ...seeing both my linux and windows pc..so im happy thus far
      dev thanks for the site some great stuff there ... anyone know why dos dosent seem to accept or what i can do to make it accept a riser card ?? its not detecting my moden nor sound card because there on a riser card any suggestions ?

      vishal
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
        a riser card is basically an extension of the mainboard..its suposed to work...is it working under other os's?....rmember you need doss drivers for some stuff also...

        (good lord its been AGES since i used dos....suprisingle i still knwo the commands..

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8, 2002
          Mostlikely, no DOS drivers for the riser cards.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2002
            I used ot have a old AT&R computer when a riser card..using dos stuff
            worked..but you had to load TSR's (Terminate and stay residnet) for some of
            the cards in there to work...you knwo..like the mscdex and bitcom.sys files.
            for cd'rom drives.....give me a list of the cards you have installed in
            there.....type, manufacturere and model number if possable..i'll see what i
            can dig up for ya...
            > Mostlikely, no DOS drivers for the riser cards.
            >

            > On 8 Jul 2002 at 22:50, Vlade Malfet wrote:
            >
            > > a riser card is basically an extension of the mainboard..its suposed to
            work...is it working under other os's?....rmember you need doss drivers for
            some stuff also...

            > > (good lord its been AGES since i used dos....suprisingle i still knwo
            the commands..

          • David McKen
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2003
              Message
              Nah, the fact that we will actually be seeing nigerians around will tell us you are out of the country.