Re: Linux Router

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 8:13 AM
      I'm going to forward this to the TTLUG list, as they may be able to help.

      What about your HD?
      Has it died?

      Try to figure out the chipset of the PC card, so you can load the appropriate PCMCIA module.

      On 20 Apr 2002 at 7:21, Wendell Clarke wrote:

      > Hey do you guys use linux router ..
      > Well i have a problem i have a laptop that cannot detect hard dirve so i decided
      > to use linux router becuase it loads the OS from the diskette.
      > But i want to load the pcmcia network card and i believe that i need to load
      > the pcmcia modules and then load the network card modules but i am having trouble
      > Any info will be a great help..
      > It's Free, Easy, & Fun !!!

    • Trevor Christian
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2009
        Dudes and dudettes...
        Do you remember the days gone by where a simple linux box router
        required you get 'down and dirty' on the CLI?
        I do...
        So I'm a little happy... Or excited... Or some word i haven't come up
        with... at the ease with which I just shared my Internet connection by
        setting up an adhoc wireless network all by simple pointin' and
        clickin'...
        Fedoras off to the people behind NetworkManager... :-)

        Additionally, I was able to place my laptop with an additional
        ethernet port as a stand-in router for a network i was maintaining
        while the main server and gateway was down for maintenance and
        upgrade. I initially tried modding the firewall using
        system-config-firewall - nice and pretty simple interface including a
        wizard. I got traffic through minus dns resolution. Turns out though
        that setting interface in network manager to 'Shared to other
        computers' does the work for you.
        Cool ent!?

        Sent from my mobile device

        Trevor "TeC" Christian