Re: [TTLUG] Some Winmodem luuuuuuuuuv.

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2002
      You need to know the chipset of your modem. If it is an internal PCI, it is most likely a winmodem and will most likely not work.

      External serial modems are real hardware modems and will work.

      If you can figure out the chipset of your modem (check under devices in the KDE Control Centre), you MIGHT be able to get it to work with a bit of tweaking.

      The announcement in question was for a particular modem chipset.