Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC

  • Kerry Panchoo
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
      boy.. allyuh is trouble yes!!!.... man learn to bargin... hint hint...
      at the wizz down south you can get the cards for under $100.00
      yeah u heard me!!!... and it comes with the linux drivers on the 2nd
      diskette!!!.. and its a 10/100 card.. so its a damn good deal... lemme
      give u another hint.. two cards cost me under $175.00 ... and i mean under

      laters,
      Kerry

      Christien Bunting wrote:

      > Hey man. Arent you reading my posts.
      >
      > Wizz on edward street has the CNET PCI PRO 110(C) and they come with linux
      > drivers on diskette. GRIEF.
      >
      > Sometimes I wonder.
      >
      > $125 for one.
      >
      > You can even use a BOOT ROM with it.
      >
      > Chris
      >
      > >From: "CYMM" <cymm@...>
      > >To: <TTLUG@egroups.com>
      > >Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
      > >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 15:07:10 -0400
      > >
      > >Richard,
      > >
      > >I went down to Computer Village... only one ISA A Open card and another
      > >"linux compatible" $180 card.
      > >
      > >What's the name of the store near Royal castle...maybe I can 'phone 'em?
      > >
      > >alain
      > >

      > > >Ok. You could try the guys on Frederick street
      > > >obliquely opposite CIC (not Creative), and the guys
      > > >just after Royal Castle heading to Independence
      > > >Square, (on the same side).
      > > >They have the Aopen cards.

    • Kerry Panchoo
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000

        christien

        some people never learn!!!!

        WIZZ != InterPC

        laters,
        Kerry

         Er anybody, InterPC's card is a CNET "fast ethernet adpter"  PCI PnP... at least that's what she read out on the 'phone.  Will that do? ...Hmmm does Linux do PnP well? Where do I get a card for Sunday??? Quantum Elite says they're all sold out on the AOpen cards. Who else???  alain-----Original Message-----
        From: CYMM <cymm@...>
        To: TTLUG@egroups.com <TTLUG@egroups.com>
        Date: Friday, June 02, 2000 12:42 PM
        Subject: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
         Richard,  I'm going to buy one of those cheapie NE2000 generics from InterPC... only $120... I know there was some posting on this a day or so ago... but I wasn't reading...  So... does it work... will the ol' Drake detect it on bootup???

      • Christien Bunting
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
          ???
          ok then
          WIZZ is openned on saturdays too.

          Chris
          >From: "CYMM" <cymm@...>
          >To: <TTLUG@egroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
          >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:38:58 -0400
          >
          >RICHARD SAID: "...Ok. You could try the guys on Frederick street
          >obliquely opposite CIC (not Creative), and the guys just after Royal Castle
          >heading to Independence Square, (on the same side). They have the Aopen
          >cards..."
          >
          >ALAIN SAYS: I'll try to sneak down... better get a card that the Drake can
          >pick up...rather than screaming at the meeting.
          >
          >That shop ... it's probably Computer Village .. Hey! didn't Quantum Elite
          >open a store next door to computer village or something??

        • Christien Bunting
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
            Hm, I saw no CNET PCI PRO 2000 cards at the cnet internet site :(

            Chris

            >From: Richard Jobity <richjob@...>
            >To: TTLUG@egroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
            >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 10:49:47 -0700 (PDT)
            >
            >Ok. You could try the guys on Frederick street
            >obliquely opposite CIC (not Creative), and the guys
            >just after Royal Castle heading to Independence
            >Square, (on the same side).
            >They have the Aopen cards.
            >

            >The Cnet PCI Pro 2000 b that InterPC has says it is
            >Linux compatible on the box. So it should have
            >drivers on the diskette, if anything.
            >
            >=====
            >The rewards go to those who have enthusiasm for and believe in what they
            >do, who build character by building knowledge, by interacting,
            >collaborating even, with the minds around them.
            >
            >Richard Jobity, Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago.
            >http://chanderspot.go.to ICQ: 5183191 richjob@...

          • CYMM
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
              Bunty, I'm sorry... I've been deleting lots of stuff without reading...
              these days i'm stressed out!!!

              Hopefully, when I retire (...when!!!???) things will get better.

              alain

              >Hey man. Arent you reading my posts.
              >
              >Wizz on edward street has the CNET PCI PRO 110(C) and they come with linux
              >drivers on diskette. GRIEF.
            • CYMM
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
                But Kerry,

                You know how you south people cheap cheap cheap... look the Circus even
                reduced their price... fus allyuh cheap...

                alain

                PS seriously though... do you think I'll run inrto problems with this card
                thingie? I really want to learn intranets....

                I think we can deliver cheap education so...

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
                  Hehe. Ok. No problem. You really should rest. I just had a 6 Hour training
                  session and i learn a few things in the process :) . I need more clients
                  though. I'll be putting out an AD next week. My first 2 contracts are up. :)
                  Right now I'm tired of Computres but cant seem to get off this one. GEEZ.

                  Anyhow Sunday we'll talk.

                  Chris

                  >From: "CYMM" <cymm@...>
                  >To: <TTLUG@egroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
                  >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:36:41 -0400
                  >
                  >Bunty, I'm sorry... I've been deleting lots of stuff without reading...
                  >these days i'm stressed out!!!
                  >
                  >Hopefully, when I retire (...when!!!???) things will get better.
                  >
                  >alain
                  >

                  > >Hey man. Arent you reading my posts.
                  > >
                  > >Wizz on edward street has the CNET PCI PRO 110(C) and they come with
                  >linux
                  > >drivers on diskette. GRIEF.

                • Christien Bunting
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
                    LOL
                    yup I believe so. I admit I have to learn how to bargin though.

                    CHRIS

                    >From: "CYMM" <cymm@...>
                    >To: <TTLUG@egroups.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [TTLUG] Cnet card at InterPC
                    >Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 18:41:46 -0400
                    >
                    >But Kerry,
                    >
                    >You know how you south people cheap cheap cheap... look the Circus even
                    >reduced their price... fus allyuh cheap...
                    >

                    >alain
                    >
                    >PS seriously though... do you think I'll run inrto problems with this card
                    >thingie? I really want to learn intranets....
                    >
                    >I think we can deliver cheap education so...
                    >
                    > >boy.. allyuh is trouble yes!!!.... man learn to bargin... hint hint...
                    > >at the wizz down south you can get the cards for under $100.00
                    > >yeah u heard me!!!... and it comes with the linux drivers on the 2nd
                    > >diskette!!!.. and its a 10/100 card.. so its a damn good deal... lemme
                    > >give u another hint.. two cards cost me under $175.00 ... and i mean
                    >under

                  • Kerry Panchoo
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
                      damn right.. we not stupid!

                      but we have some strange ones too.. notice the PM and Opposition leader from
                      south,

                      about the card.. i think its too late for u to be asking that question!!!.. so
                      good luck :)

                      laters,
                      Kerry

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 2, 2000
                        Put it down to methanol fatigue, Christien.

                        The rewards go to those who have enthusiasm for and believe
                        in what they do, who build character by building knowledge,
                        by interacting, collaborating even, with the minds around them.
                        Richard Jobity, Tunapuna, Trinidad and Tobago.
                        http://chanderspot.go.to
                        ICQ: 5183191
                        AIM: richjob
                        mail: richjob@...