hard drive controler

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      promise 100 ATA controlers....they are really nice..i have one...and i love it.....the tx2 i believe..want me to get one for you?
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
        tell me how much the promise cost and I will tell you if I can take one..... I
        just got a ten gig hard drive..... I install linux mandrake on it and it give a
        kernel panic when I boot up. there is a patch on the high point website but I
        dont know how to apply it....

        Neil

        --- Vlade Malfet <darkvlade@...> wrote: > promise 100 ATA
        controlers....they are really nice..i have one...and i love
        > it.....the tx2 i believe..want me to get one for you?

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com
      • Neil Chr...
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2002
          by the way all I have are two ata33 compatable drives here so the ata100
          harddisk controller would be unnecessary...... al I need is something that
          works well and is supported by linux and windows out of the box and the
          seagate ata contoller looks like it.....

          http://uk.my.yahoo.com