[Fwd: Fwd: Fw: - REPLY NOW]

  • D. Fanan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2002
      Hi all,
      I picked this up at work and I suspect that the time is over. It is only
      when I saw the Microsoft meeting thing that I remembered it. Anybody
      came across this before?
      David.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2002
        Probably a hoax, David. Microsoft and AOL aren't on particularly
        good terms now - or then. for that matter.

        =====
        http://auctions.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 29, 2002
          i have...it's jsut an email someone sent to make everyone send over and over and over....

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 29, 2002
            i have...it's jsut an email someone sent to make everyone send over and over and over.........

            Ie. some dummy came up with this hoax to catch even more dummies

            *Runs like hell as things start flying in his direction*
            I picked this up at work and I suspect that the time is over. It is only
            when I saw the Microsoft meeting thing that I remembered it. Anybody
            came across this before?
            David.

            > >Subject: Re: - REPLY NOW

            > >>an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains
            > >>the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an
            > >>Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows
            > >>user)for a two week time period. For every person that you forward this
            > >>e-mail to,Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent
            > it
            > >>to that forwards it on, microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third
            > >>person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00.Within two weeks,
            > >>Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque.

            > receiving

          • ajchung
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 30, 2002
              --- In TTLUG@y..., "Vlade Malfet" <darkvlade@y...> wrote:
              > i have...it's jsut an email someone sent to make everyone send over
              and over and over.........

              That's quite an old one. Check http://www.snopes.com/
              which keeps track of urban legends, fractured facts,
              email hoaxs that take on a life of their own as they
              get forwarded from inbox to inbox all across the Net.

              The message in question is documented here:
              http://www.snopes2.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.htm
              mutated somewhat as tends to happen year after year.

              MORAL
              If an email asks you to forward it, DON'T. -- even if
              they claim $0.05 per message to help someone dying of
              cancer, world hunger, poverty, or to warn that crazy
              people are placing HIV-positive needles on cinema seats,
              handing out LSD candy to kids, or that there is some
              new "goodtimes" computer virus ready to eat your car,
              etc.

              --
              Adrian
            • Paul Worswick
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 30, 2002
                Wow, I better reply.
                HELLO !! It's a fraud
                http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/800-msoft-hoax.html

                Except they upped the price. Can't wait till it reaches the one million
                dollar mark.

                >> >Subject: Re: - REPLY NOW

                sent

                Yada yada yada
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 30, 2002
                  i think the new one with the "goodtimes" virus is that it impregnates your dog and they will give birth to a chiwawwa.....

                  *which is actualyl brain is disguise in yet another plot to take over the world...*