RE: [TTLUG] Cd writing what the hell is really going on???

  • Meng .
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2001
      Probably need to upgrade your(cdrws) bios if it is up gradeable.
      I had to do that to my cousins 20x. Or he would have had just a 12x

      ----Original Message Follows----

      How many of you own cd- writers ?
      for that I can guarantee at least one (Bunty)

      how can a program tell what kind of media is in the drive???
      I recently bought a 16xR 10xRW drive and I was able to burn
      a cd in 5 minutes until I put a cd-rw disk in that was rated at
      4x and I found the option to burn at any thing above 4x disabled
      This was true from NTI CD Maker 2000 Standard, Nero 5.0
      and BlindWrite (a very good program for over riding copyright
      protection). Since I now know why that happened I would like to
      know what is the difference that stops a type of media from
      burning at the higher speeds.

    • Allistair Mitchell
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 2, 2002
        Question: If i download the 6.0 beta in pieces, how do I recombine them into
        one package? Also, whenever i define a source, and i exit, whenever i
        re-enter, it is no longer there. How do i get it to stay?

        AM
      • original_bunty
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 3, 2002
          Put all the files in 1 dir and execute the first one by
          doing ./filename.
          The install should start and it will use the other files.

          Dont understand the source question .Source for ??

          Chris
          --- In TTLUG@y..., Allistair Mitchell <stellar_tt@t...> wrote:
          > Question: If i download the 6.0 beta in pieces, how do I recombine
          them into
          > one package? Also, whenever i define a source, and i exit, whenever
          > re-enter, it is no longer there. How do i get it to stay?
          >
          > AM
        • Dunstan Nesbit
          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 15, 2002
            What brand of drives are they??
            Dunstan

            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 15, 2002
              I'll take the Seagate of your hands for a $100
              Dunstan

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 15, 2002
                Brands?

                Seagates or <gag> Western Digital?

                On 15 Jan 2002 at 22:01, Allistair Mitchell wrote:

                > I got three hard drives to get rid of.
                >
                > 3.x Gb +
                >
                > Anyone? No reasonable offer refused ...
                >
                > AM

              • Allistair Mitchell
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 15, 2002
                  I got three hard drives to get rid of.

                  3.x Gb +

                  Anyone? No reasonable offer refused ...

                  AM
                • Kirk Lashley
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 15, 2002

                    Allistair Mitchell wrote:

                    >I got three hard drives to get rid of.
                    >
                    >3.x Gb +
                    >
                    >Anyone? No reasonable offer refused ...
                    >
                    >AM

                  • donnyr_10
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 16, 2002
                      Hey Allistair

                      I got two 3 GB Hard Drives last week
                      for $100 a piece, I am looking for one more
                      maybe the 4.3 GB how much do you want for it ?

                      I'll be interested in taking it if you don't mind <grin>

                      TIA
                      Don...

                      "The true experts are confident, but humble, since they know how
                      little they know in the grand scheme of things."

                      Message 10 of 17 , Jan 16, 2002