Ttemail?

  • Ansar Mohammed
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
      Is ttemail still is operation..?
      Where can one get free pop3 services anywhere locally?
    • Dunstan Nesbit
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
        Where did you get this info Chris??

        Dunstan.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
          free pop is with yahoo.com

          not a local site thoug...
          Where can one get free pop3 services anywhere locally?

        • trinbago_it@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
            Do you have more details on this service Chris ?

            > Unlimited DSL is gonna cost you 800TTD.
            >
            > Starting in September. That includes the Modem rental.
            >
            > --
            > Christien Bunting
            >
            > Bunting and Associates
            > The Linux Professionals in The Caribbean
            > http://linux.co.tt chris@l...
            >
            > Kmail the Best Mail User Agent
          • Syncrod
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
              like tstt ent making enuff money from the $230000 for t1 offer

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
                what kind of dsl ADSL
                SDSL
                XDSL
                ?????
                > Starting in September. That includes the Modem rental.
                >
                > --
                > Christien Bunting
                >
                > Bunting and Associates
                > The Linux Professionals in The Caribbean
                > http://linux.co.tt chris@...
                >
                > Kmail the Best Mail User Agent

              • wolfie
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
                  From TSTT

                  On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 12:29:00PM -0400, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
                  > To: <TTLUG@yahoogroups.com>
                  > From: "Ansar Mohammed" <amohammed@...>
                  > Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:29:00 -0400
                  > Subject: RE: [TTLUG] Unlimited DSL
                  >
                  > FROM WHOM?

                • John deering
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 5, 2001
                    This is definitely out of the reach of the normal home user.

                    If speeds are 300-400k then it would probably make sense that people
                    will have to get a few households together and run a firewall/proxy
                    and ethernet over the neighbour's wall to split the cost.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 6, 2001
                      hehe did that for a friend of mine...his neibour and his renter share his dial up account...suprisingly.....the damn this runns pretty fast.....
                      lucky bastard has a good connection....

                      WHY OH WHY AM I STUCK AT 28.8 THAT WORKS AT 12 KBS?     *SNIFFLE*
                      This is definitely out of the reach of the normal home user.

                      If speeds are 300-400k then it would probably make sense that people
                      will have to get a few households together and run a firewall/proxy
                      and ethernet over the neighbour's wall to split the cost.

                      >From: "Ansar Mohammed" <amohammed@...>
                      >To: <TTLUG@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [TTLUG] Unlimited DSL
                      >Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:29:00 -0400
                      >
                      >FROM WHOM?

                    • Kerry Panchoo
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 6, 2001
                        people, dont get too excited byt DSL- its not as good as it seems- well it would be better than
                        a dial up, a lot of people complain that it drops connections for what ever reasons... I dont know
                        how good TSTT infrastructure is compared to what they've got here in canada, but if its of a lower
                        quality then expect some serious headache and teething problems.

                        one friends is qute satisfied with DSL, but another is having so much trouble she eventually chaged
                        over to cable. Also DSL did not make the impact that was expected and cable seems to have the high
                        speed maket in North America. Ato our office we use SDSL which absolutely rocks.. but thats like
                        CAD$500.00 a month.. u kno the saying- Cheap thing no good, Good thing no cheap!

                        I think TSTT has been forced into DSL because of the limited lines its can handle because they did not
                        expect that the internet would cause an unexpected demand for phone lines- when a house would normally
                        use 1 phone line, they now use 2, so we find that getting a phone in certain areas is close to impossible.
                        I think DSL is almost a quick fix and hopefully a competition killer- quick fix in that it would reduce the
                        demand for phone lines and free up some (hopefully some people will give up that additional internet
                        phone line) They are also hoping that customres would use DSL and not go to cable when (IF???) it
                        arrives.

                        laters,
                        Kerry

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 7, 2001

                          ----- A FRIEND OF MINE IN TSTT SAID that the structure for DSL is there already but they (TSTT) is not going to implimpment it until they got some competition....the wireles service being offered is the ompetition ...so...you know.....as for cable modems...the cable comp[anys haave and are implementing it right now...problem is it's only being done in west morings.....and anywhere people can burn cash....

                          the rich have it soooo made.......
                          what we could do is petition the cable company to extend it's service.... I BELIEVE they are using a satalite to pull down infor...possable using a t1 line form tstt for the outgoing.......my guess there...but if we ask nicely..or go postal itmay get the to extend the service..but it is in operation...ask your local cable provider for details...

                          and that's a next thing...why the hell did cable have to stop 1 mile away from me!!!...I WAND THE DAM CABLE.....

                          hey I have a tv card..then there is this web tv fr windows......any chance I can somehow yank cable thru the web?