Re: [ttlug] Getting the word out.

  • Lawrence, Rellon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2013
      there is a ubuntu caribbean group on Google+ join in.
      Would like to do some stuff with openstack and LTSP btw

      On Tuesday, June 4, 2013, browwwsers1996 wrote:

      > **
      >

      > In may of 2000 I made the point that Linux (apart from Android, which most
      > people don't know is linux based) is still a mystery.
      >
      > Thirteen years later and it is still true.
      >
      > While we tinker with toys the greater public is unaware of the benefits of
      > open source.
      >
      > How will we get new users in the TTLUG is we do not promote at the very
      > least Ubuntu.
      >
      > I have 20 +7 year old computers running Ubuntu with users ranging from
      > Novices to hackers with no one asking "how yuh does do dis?"
      >
      > If you are ready to do some promoting of the platform, I will happily
      > allow demos to be done free of charge at browwwsers on a Saturday 9time to
      > be agreed on ) once per month.
      >
      > allan

    • browwwsers1996
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2013
        Thanks for the invite will check out the group...but..."Would like to do some stuff with openstack and LTSP btw" kinda goes contra to the idea of making Ubuntu (or Mint RJ) appealing to noobs.

        I am personally more into the installing, educating, marketing side of Linux, with a penchant for "encouraging" people/businesses to adopt real world applications such as Linux servers/POS/Home entertainment sys.

        The remark I made in 2000 was on this forum btw.
      • Lawrence, Rellon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 5, 2013
          If i can help let me know