Re: [ttlug] File - mail_list_policy.txt

  • Lawrence, Rellon
    Message 1 of 88 , Jun 3, 2013
      Which?

    • TTLUG@yahoogroups.com
      Message 88 of 88 , Mar 1
[...]

        Subject lines

        When starting a new discussion choose a clear and sensible subject line. A bad example would be "A few simple questions", a good example would be "How to change user passwords". Each post should contain one and only one subject. This makes finding mails in the archive much easier and also makes reading of large numbers of posts easier.

        When replying to an existing message consider editing the subject. If a thread changes, take the initiative and change the subject line to reflect that. Try and keep the old subject too and ensure that you maintain the [TTLUG} prefix (for example, "[TTLUG] Graphical user management tools (was: how to change user passwords)").