Re: [ttlug] UNESCO

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11 7:27 AM
      Don't you find the LVM gui bulky?
      I find the lvm2 command line more sensible:
      1. Set up physical volumes with the pv commands: pvcreate, pvscan,
      pvdisplay, etc
      2. Set up your volume group(s) with the vg commands: vgcreate, vgextend,
      vgdisplay, etc
      3. Create your logical volumes with the lv commands: lvcreate, lvresize,
      lvextend, lvdisplay, etc

      On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
      <stephentnt@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
      > people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
      > run the system-config-lvm command.
      >

      > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
      > > call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.
      > >

      > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
      > > <stephentnt@...>wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > ugh @ ubuntu :p
      > > >
      > > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...

      > > ace@...

      > > Open

      > > numbers

      > TTLUG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      > > --
      > > Rgds,
      > > Falina

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11 7:36 AM
        I definitely prefer the LVM GUI, a single place to use all those lv, pv and
        vg commands for which I never learned the handles, the little animation to
        let you know it's doing something while you nervously wait for a production
        database partition to be made larger. I admit to being an LVM GUI whore!

        /Stephen

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11 1:04 PM
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/ttlug/