Re: [ttlug] UNESCO

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
      Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
      people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
      run the system-config-lvm command.

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
        Don't you find the LVM gui bulky?
        I find the lvm2 command line more sensible:
        1. Set up physical volumes with the pv commands: pvcreate, pvscan,
        pvdisplay, etc
        2. Set up your volume group(s) with the vg commands: vgcreate, vgextend,
        vgdisplay, etc
        3. Create your logical volumes with the lv commands: lvcreate, lvresize,
        lvextend, lvdisplay, etc

        On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
        <stephentnt@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
        > people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
        > run the system-config-lvm command.
        >

        > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
        > > call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.
        > >

        > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
        > > <stephentnt@...>wrote:
        > >
        > > > **
        > > >

        > > > ugh @ ubuntu :p
        > > >
        > > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...

        > > ace@...

        > > Open

        > > numbers

        > TTLUG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        > > --
        > > Rgds,
        > > Falina

        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
          I definitely prefer the LVM GUI, a single place to use all those lv, pv and
          vg commands for which I never learned the handles, the little animation to
          let you know it's doing something while you nervously wait for a production
          database partition to be made larger. I admit to being an LVM GUI whore!

          /Stephen

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/ttlug/