Re: [ttlug] UNESCO

  • Falina Baksh
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
      I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
      call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.

      On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
      <stephentnt@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > ugh @ ubuntu :p
      >
      > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...
      > >wrote:
      >

      > > hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?
      > >

      > > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) <ace@...
      > > >wrote:
      > >
      > > > **
      > > >

      > > > Hi There
      > > >
      > > > UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
      > > > Data.
      > > >
      > > > Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
      > > > of key players in the following areas:
      > > >
      > > > Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.
      > > >
      > > > Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
      > > > these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.
      > > >
      > > > Much obliged,
      > > >
      > > > Ace Suares
      > > > opencuracao.com
      > > >
      > > > --
      > > > Suares & Co N.V.
      > > > Ace Suares (Director)
      > > > Gravenstraat 4
      > > > Otrobanda, Willemstad
      > > > Cura�ao
      > > > gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
      > > > skype: acesuares
      > > > email: ace@...
      > > > web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Rgds,
      Falina

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
        Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
        people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
        run the system-config-lvm command.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
          Don't you find the LVM gui bulky?
          I find the lvm2 command line more sensible:
          1. Set up physical volumes with the pv commands: pvcreate, pvscan,
          pvdisplay, etc
          2. Set up your volume group(s) with the vg commands: vgcreate, vgextend,
          vgdisplay, etc
          3. Create your logical volumes with the lv commands: lvcreate, lvresize,
          lvextend, lvdisplay, etc

          On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
          <stephentnt@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
          > people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
          > run the system-config-lvm command.
          >

          > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
          > > call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.
          > >

          > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
          > > <stephentnt@...>wrote:
          > >
          > > > **
          > > >

          > > > ugh @ ubuntu :p
          > > >
          > > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...

          > > ace@...

          > > Open

          > > numbers

          > TTLUG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          > > --
          > > Rgds,
          > > Falina

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
            I definitely prefer the LVM GUI, a single place to use all those lv, pv and
            vg commands for which I never learned the handles, the little animation to
            let you know it's doing something while you nervously wait for a production
            database partition to be made larger. I admit to being an LVM GUI whore!

            /Stephen

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/ttlug/