Re: [ttlug] UNESCO

  • Ace Suares (Suares & Co)
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 10 3:17 PM
      but.... where on fb?

      ace

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 10 4:25 PM
        ugh @ ubuntu :p

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10 4:31 PM
          of course!
          ace
          On 04/10/2013 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave wrote:
          > hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?
          >

          > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) <ace@...>wrote:
          >
          >> **
          >>

          >> Hi There
          >>
          >> UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
          >> Data.
          >>
          >> Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
          >> of key players in the following areas:
          >>
          >> Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.
          >>
          >> Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
          >> these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.
          >>
          >> Much obliged,
          >>
          >> Ace Suares
          >> opencuracao.com
          >>
          >> --
          >> Suares & Co N.V.
          >> Ace Suares (Director)
          >> Gravenstraat 4
          >> Otrobanda, Willemstad
          >> Curaçao
          >> gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
          >> skype: acesuares
          >> email: ace@...
          >> web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com

          Suares & Co N.V.
          Ace Suares (Director)
          Gravenstraat 4
          Otrobanda, Willemstad
          Curaçao
          gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
          skype: acesuares
          email: ace@...
          web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com
        • Falina Baksh
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 11 6:59 AM
            I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
            call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.

            On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
            <stephentnt@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > ugh @ ubuntu :p
            >
            > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...
            > >wrote:
            >

            > > hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?
            > >

            > > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) <ace@...
            > > >wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > Hi There
            > > >
            > > > UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
            > > > Data.
            > > >
            > > > Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
            > > > of key players in the following areas:
            > > >
            > > > Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.
            > > >
            > > > Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
            > > > these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.
            > > >
            > > > Much obliged,
            > > >
            > > > Ace Suares
            > > > opencuracao.com
            > > >
            > > > --
            > > > Suares & Co N.V.
            > > > Ace Suares (Director)
            > > > Gravenstraat 4
            > > > Otrobanda, Willemstad
            > > > Cura�ao
            > > > gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
            > > > skype: acesuares
            > > > email: ace@...
            > > > web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Rgds,
            Falina

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 11 7:06 AM
              Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
              people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
              run the system-config-lvm command.

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 11 7:27 AM
                Don't you find the LVM gui bulky?
                I find the lvm2 command line more sensible:
                1. Set up physical volumes with the pv commands: pvcreate, pvscan,
                pvdisplay, etc
                2. Set up your volume group(s) with the vg commands: vgcreate, vgextend,
                vgdisplay, etc
                3. Create your logical volumes with the lv commands: lvcreate, lvresize,
                lvextend, lvdisplay, etc

                On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
                <stephentnt@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
                > people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
                > run the system-config-lvm command.
                >

                > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
                > wrote:
                >
                > > I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
                > > call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.
                > >

                > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
                > > <stephentnt@...>wrote:
                > >
                > > > **
                > > >

                > > > ugh @ ubuntu :p
                > > >
                > > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...

                > > ace@...

                > > Open

                > > numbers

                > TTLUG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                > > --
                > > Rgds,
                > > Falina

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 11 7:36 AM
                  I definitely prefer the LVM GUI, a single place to use all those lv, pv and
                  vg commands for which I never learned the handles, the little animation to
                  let you know it's doing something while you nervously wait for a production
                  database partition to be made larger. I admit to being an LVM GUI whore!

                  /Stephen

                • Richard
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11 1:04 PM
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/ttlug/