UNESCO

  • Ace Suares (Suares & Co)
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7, 2013
      Hi There

      UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
      Data.

      Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
      of key players in the following areas:

      Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.

      Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
      these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.

      Much obliged,

      Ace Suares
      opencuracao.com

      --
      Suares & Co N.V.
      Ace Suares (Director)
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 9, 2013
        hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 10, 2013
          Check the fb group. just some ghosts remaining on this list.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 10, 2013
            Not true. I am very corporeal.

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 10, 2013
              but.... where on fb?

              ace

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 10, 2013
                ugh @ ubuntu :p

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 10, 2013
                  of course!
                  ace
                  On 04/10/2013 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave wrote:
                  > hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?
                  >

                  > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) <ace@...>wrote:
                  >
                  >> **
                  >>

                  >> Hi There
                  >>
                  >> UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
                  >> Data.
                  >>
                  >> Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
                  >> of key players in the following areas:
                  >>
                  >> Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.
                  >>
                  >> Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
                  >> these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.
                  >>
                  >> Much obliged,
                  >>
                  >> Ace Suares
                  >> opencuracao.com
                  >>
                  >> --
                  >> Suares & Co N.V.
                  >> Ace Suares (Director)
                  >> Gravenstraat 4
                  >> Otrobanda, Willemstad
                  >> Curaçao
                  >> gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
                  >> skype: acesuares
                  >> email: ace@...
                  >> web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com

                  Suares & Co N.V.
                  Ace Suares (Director)
                  Gravenstraat 4
                  Otrobanda, Willemstad
                  Curaçao
                  gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
                  skype: acesuares
                  email: ace@...
                  web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com
                • Falina Baksh
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
                    I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
                    call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.

                    On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
                    <stephentnt@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    >

                    > ugh @ ubuntu :p
                    >
                    > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...
                    > >wrote:
                    >

                    > > hi I am kurt belgrave an official Ubuntu member does that count :D?
                    > >

                    > > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Ace Suares (Suares & Co) <ace@...
                    > > >wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > **
                    > > >

                    > > > Hi There
                    > > >
                    > > > UNESCO is conducting a survey into Open Source, Open Standards and Open
                    > > > Data.
                    > > >
                    > > > Would you be able to provide me with names, email addresses and numbers
                    > > > of key players in the following areas:
                    > > >
                    > > > Gov't, Universisy, Musea, non-profit.
                    > > >
                    > > > Then I will relay those the to UNESCO researcher so she can contact
                    > > > these stakeholders when visiting T&T in the next weeks.
                    > > >
                    > > > Much obliged,
                    > > >
                    > > > Ace Suares
                    > > > opencuracao.com
                    > > >
                    > > > --
                    > > > Suares & Co N.V.
                    > > > Ace Suares (Director)
                    > > > Gravenstraat 4
                    > > > Otrobanda, Willemstad
                    > > > Cura�ao
                    > > > gsm: +599 (9) 678 00 60
                    > > > skype: acesuares
                    > > > email: ace@...
                    > > > web: www.suares.com, opencuracao.com

                    > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Rgds,
                    Falina

                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
                      Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
                      people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
                      run the system-config-lvm command.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
                        Don't you find the LVM gui bulky?
                        I find the lvm2 command line more sensible:
                        1. Set up physical volumes with the pv commands: pvcreate, pvscan,
                        pvdisplay, etc
                        2. Set up your volume group(s) with the vg commands: vgcreate, vgextend,
                        vgdisplay, etc
                        3. Create your logical volumes with the lv commands: lvcreate, lvresize,
                        lvextend, lvdisplay, etc

                        On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
                        <stephentnt@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        >

                        > Most times I use puTTy on Windows and forget that Linux has a GUI and that
                        > people try to make themselves like it. The only time I fire up a GUI is to
                        > run the system-config-lvm command.
                        >

                        > On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > > I second that ugh! Unity is not my favorite interface in the world .. and
                        > > call me old fashioned but upstart is not my friend either.
                        > >

                        > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM, Stephen Sankarsingh
                        > > <stephentnt@...>wrote:
                        > >
                        > > > **
                        > > >

                        > > > ugh @ ubuntu :p
                        > > >
                        > > > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM, kurt belgrave <trinikrono@...

                        > > ace@...

                        > > Open

                        > > numbers

                        > TTLUG-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                        > > --
                        > > Rgds,
                        > > Falina

                        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
                          I definitely prefer the LVM GUI, a single place to use all those lv, pv and
                          vg commands for which I never learned the handles, the little animation to
                          let you know it's doing something while you nervously wait for a production
                          database partition to be made larger. I admit to being an LVM GUI whore!

                          /Stephen

                        • Richard
                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 11, 2013
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/ttlug/