Re: [ttlug] Antigua applies for permission to run 'pirate' website

  • richjob
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
      On Sat, January 26, 2013 12:26 am, Dave Smith wrote:
      > Antigua is seeking permission to run a website that sells music, movies
      > and
      > software - but ignores copyright law.
      >
      > The Caribbean island is due to appear before the World Trade Organization
      > (WTO) on 28 January seeking permission to run the site.
      >

      > More from the BBC ...
      >
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21193634

      I think that Antigua deserves our support. But I doubt our spineless
      CARICOM governments will do anything. Sigh.

      -rij
    • Falina Baksh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2013
        It's disturbing that they are offering a mere 500k per year as compensation for billions of dollars in revenue!
        You would think that caricom would get involved and stand up against bullying of their members!

        Sent from my iPhone