Lighttpd vs Apache

  • Falina Baksh
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2011
      Hey folks,

      Its been a ghost town here for some time, I'm sure we are all quite busy...

      I'm trying to break out of my little apache love affair and wanted your
      thoughts and experiences on Lighttpd vs Apache.

      --
      Rgds,
      Falina

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2011
        Hi Falina, a lot of the activity moved to the FB group. I used light httpd
        about 8 years ago because it came pre-installed on a vm I was asked to
        administer. The vm owner liked it because it had a graphical interface.

        All the buzz these days is with nginx (Engine X). Here's a fairly recent
        non-techie article about nginx vs apache:

        http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/11/a-faster-web-server-ripping-out-apache-for-nginx.ars

        /Stephen

        On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hey folks,
        >
        > Its been a ghost town here for some time, I'm sure we are all quite busy...
        >
        > I'm trying to break out of my little apache love affair and wanted your
        > thoughts and experiences on Lighttpd vs Apache.
        >
        > --
        > Rgds,
        > Falina

      • Falina Baksh
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2011
          LOL we have a facebook group?

          I saw nginx made it to the top opensource apps for 2011, I was wondering
          about lighttpd because I saw my hosting provider and a couple others using
          it.

          On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Stephen Sankarsingh
          <stephentnt@...>wrote:

          > Hi Falina, a lot of the activity moved to the FB group. I used light httpd
          > about 8 years ago because it came pre-installed on a vm I was asked to
          > administer. The vm owner liked it because it had a graphical interface.
          >
          > All the buzz these days is with nginx (Engine X). Here's a fairly recent
          > non-techie article about nginx vs apache:
          >

          > http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2011/11/a-faster-web-server-ripping-out-apache-for-nginx.ars
          >
          > /Stephen
          >
          > On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 1:36 AM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > Hey folks,
          > >
          > > Its been a ghost town here for some time, I'm sure we are all quite
          > busy...
          > >
          > > I'm trying to break out of my little apache love affair and wanted your
          > > thoughts and experiences on Lighttpd vs Apache.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Rgds,
          > > Falina

          Rgds,