help with nginx and php

  • Carroll Cole
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
      I have found myself in a position where I have to administer and modify a
      website built using python and served fron an nginx server. My last meeting
      with python was about 10 yrs ago and i know very little of nginx. I would
      like someone to give me a fast 2 hour cram session on how to edit and add
      pages etc. Will pay reasonable price.

      Thanks

      Carroll Cole

    • Falina Baksh
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
        Did you try the nginx wiki? http://wiki.nginx.org/Configuration

        On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Carroll Cole <carroll.cole@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I have found myself in a position where I have to administer and modify a
        > website built using python and served fron an nginx server. My last meeting
        > with python was about 10 yrs ago and i know very little of nginx. I would
        > like someone to give me a fast 2 hour cram session on how to edit and add
        > pages etc. Will pay reasonable price.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Carroll Cole

        Rgds,
        Falina

      • Carroll Cole
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
          I have used that and other resources. My prblem is this I have an idea of
          how nginx works, I have an idea of how python works my problem is how does
          it pull the pages. I have edited what i believe are the source pages for
          the website, restarted nginx, cleared my cache, but i cannot see my changes.

          On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...> wrote:

          > Did you try the nginx wiki? http://wiki.nginx.org/Configuration
          >
          > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Carroll Cole <carroll.cole@...>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I have found myself in a position where I have to administer and modify a
          > > website built using python and served fron an nginx server. My last
          > meeting
          > > with python was about 10 yrs ago and i know very little of nginx. I would
          > > like someone to give me a fast 2 hour cram session on how to edit and add
          > > pages etc. Will pay reasonable price.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Carroll Cole

          > Rgds,
          > Falina

        • Falina Baksh
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
            Are you using Fast CGI?

            On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Carroll Cole <carroll.cole@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I have used that and other resources. My prblem is this I have an idea of
            > how nginx works, I have an idea of how python works my problem is how does
            > it pull the pages. I have edited what i believe are the source pages for
            > the website, restarted nginx, cleared my cache, but i cannot see my
            > changes.
            >

            > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Did you try the nginx wiki? http://wiki.nginx.org/Configuration
            > >
            > > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:18 PM, Carroll Cole <carroll.cole@...>
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > **
            > > >

            > > > I have found myself in a position where I have to administer and modify
            > > > website built using python and served fron an nginx server. My last
            > > meeting
            > > > with python was about 10 yrs ago and i know very little of nginx. I
            > would
            > > > like someone to give me a fast 2 hour cram session on how to edit and
            > add
            > > > pages etc. Will pay reasonable price.
            > > >
            > > > Thanks
            > > >
            > > > Carroll Cole

            > > --
            > > Rgds,
            > > Falina

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Rgds,
            Falina

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
              Yes, i believe so

              On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...> wrote:

              > Are you using Fast CGI?
              >

              > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Carroll Cole <carroll.cole@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I have used that and other resources. My prblem is this I have an idea of
              > > how nginx works, I have an idea of how python works my problem is how
              > does
              > > it pull the pages. I have edited what i believe are the source pages for
              > > the website, restarted nginx, cleared my cache, but i cannot see my
              > > changes.
              > >

              > > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Falina Baksh <bakshfalina@...>
              > > wrote:
              > >
              > > > Did you try the nginx wiki? http://wiki.nginx.org/Configuration

              > modify
              > > > meeting
              > > would
              > > add

              > > > --
              > > > Rgds,
              > > > Falina

              > > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              > Rgds,
              > Falina

            • Falina Baksh
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 6, 2011
                try restarting the fastcgi process..... I'm not a python or nginx expert
                btw... just have a lot of time on my hands right now ;p

                Rgds,
                Falina