GPS Tracking T&T Maps

  • Nigel Ayen Consulting
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2011
      I know there are local companies offering GPS tracking using a mix of Google
      Maps and proprietary local maps. For example Geotrac and Cherami. Does
      anyone on the list know if the basic Google Maps has acceptable detail for
      general vehicle tracking? Also, is a local overlay map available for
      purchase or licensing?

      Regards,
      Nigel

    • Dunstan B. Nesbit
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2011
        The basic Google map is is not acceptable, the satellite imagery is
        positioned correct (though outdated), but the street overlay is incorrect.
        Open street maps (OSM) has the correct street information and very detailed
        too. OSM also has api to work with but it can be a pain to work with at time
        depending on what you are trying to do.

        There's is no one solution that fits everything. Most of the vehicle
        tracking software use a combination of maps Google and proprietary as you
        mentioned before.

        Dunstan

        On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Nigel Ayen Consulting <nigel@...