Support Trinidad in the Microsoft Imagine Cup

  • raees rahim
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24 7:14 AM
      Good day all,

      As some of you may know, my team will be representing Trinidad and
      Tobago, and the rest of the Caribbean in the Microsoft Imagine Cup
      competition (more details at www.imaginecup.com ).

      There is currently a "People's Choice Award" round, which requires
      voting to decide the winner.

      Our team has moved from #1 in the world, to #9, and back up to #5. This
      goes to show that we have the support of the entire Caribbean!

      What I am asking is if you all can help spread the word and get people
      to vote for this Technological Advancement in Education.

      I have attached a flier which you can post in your
      libraries, labs and staff rooms to encourage students and teachers to
      vote.

      Additionally I will be providing the instructions for the voting
      process.

      There is a 1 minute video and a description of our solution (the video
      requires Silverlight to be installed, so it may not show up on SEMP
      computers).

      Additionally i have uploaded a bookmark to our project page (which can
      be placed in your student and teacher shares for easy access).

      Steps for voting:

      - Log on to our project page using the book mark ( http://imaginecup.com/worldwide-finals/peoples-choice-award/view-and-vote.aspx?r=6261
      ).

      or

      -Go to www.imaginecup.com/pca and select Trinidad and
      Tobago from the "Country/Region" drop down. Then select Team Codec's
      Eduvatec video/project

      - Wait for the area under the video to complete loading, and type the
      words seen in the top box, into the bottom box. (There is a space
      between the words.)

      - Then click the "Like!" button

      - you will be redirected to a page asking you to authenticate or log in
      with either a hotmail, yahoo, gmail, facebook or twitter account.

      - Once you log in with the account of your choice, you will be
      redirected to the project page, which will now say that you vote has
      been counted!

      -That's it! You may vote again using a different authentication account.
      You must however close the browser and re-open it to vote again from
      the same computer.

      Thank you for any help, and feel free to ask questions :)

      Raees Rahim
      Team Codec