updated Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society byelaws for comment until May 23 2011

  • Dev Anand Teelucksingh
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2011
      Dear current and potential Trinidad and Tobago
      Computer Society (TTCS) members,

      In an effort to allow the TTCS to take advantage of
      the opportunities being presented to us more often now,
      the Directors of the TTCS have undertaken an exercise
      to update the TTCS bye-laws. We had the bare minimum
      before, but in order to get more involved in some of
      the areas that you, the membership, are suggesting,
      we need to be more structured.

      This process is not meant to change the essential
      character of the TTCS, but rather to make sure that
      we can move forward with projects that have been
      suggested.

      The updated bye-laws can be found at
      http://www.ttcsweb.org/Trinidad-and-Tobago-Computer-Society-Bye-laws.pdf

      The main additions and changes to the previous
      byelaws are:

      Official definition of membership (and the ability to
      charge fees, if the executive committee decides to do so)
      An official Executive Committee - to be nominated and
      voted into positions by the Membership (we need this
      in order to have an official Chairman etc to be able
      to apply for grant funding and to take advantage of
      other opportunities as they are presented)
      Official Terms of Office
      Conflict of Interest
      Standing Committees

      Looking forward to your comments and suggestions over
      the next two weeks. We will close comment on May 23
      2011 and have our first official meeting on May 28
      2011, at which these byelaws will be adopted, and the
      first TTCS Executive will be voted into office.

      We hope that you approve of the steps we are taking
      to move the TTCS to the next level.

      Kind Regards,

      The Directors of the TTCS,

      Anil Ramnanan,