Fw: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation is open for members

  • Deosaran Bisnath
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2011
      --- On Tue, 4/19/11, Andre Schnabel <Andre.Schnabel@...> wrote:

      From: Andre Schnabel <Andre.Schnabel@...>
      Subject: [tdf-announce] The Document Foundation is open for members
      To: announce@..., libreoffice@..., l10n@..., website@..., documentation@..., marketing@..., design@...
      Date: Tuesday, April 19, 2011, 3:00 AM

      Dear contributors,

      within the last months the community around LibreOffice and The Document
      Foundation worked hard to establish policies, processes, infrastructure
      and all the things you need to deliver a high quality software. One of
      our basic principles is that we will acknowledge this merit and allow
      all the contributors to become official members of our community [2]. All
      members will have the right to run for a seat in the Foundation's board
      of directors, elect the board and drive the future of our projects.

      From now on all of you can apply for membership via our webform [1] .
      The membership committee [3] is eager to receive your applications.

      Please help us to process your request quickly. Read and follow the
      form's introduction carefully, provide a good description of your
      contributions and list at least two contacts who can confirm your
      contributions.

      The TDF Membership Committee,
          Sophie Gautier,
          Fridrich Strba,
          André Schnabel,
          Cor Nouws

      Links:

      [1] application form:
      http://www.documentfoundation.org/application-for-tdf-community-membership/

      [2] community bylaws:
          http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/CommunityBylaws

      [3] more about the Membership Committee:
          http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/TDF/Membership_Committee