Fw: [nylug-talk] WIOV '11 Call for Papers Submission Deadline Approaching

  • Deosaran Bisnath
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11 3:28 PM
      --- On Fri, 3/11/11, Lionel Garth Jones <lgj@...> wrote:

      From: Lionel Garth Jones <lgj@...>
      Subject: [nylug-talk] WIOV '11 Call for Papers Submission Deadline Approaching
      To: nylug-talk@...
      Date: Friday, March 11, 2011, 6:22 PM

      We are writing to remind you that the submission deadline for the 3rd
      Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '11) is quickly approaching. Please
      submit all work by Monday, March 21, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST.

      http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/

      While I/O systems have a long history of using abstraction to shield
      applications from the intricacies of devices and storage systems, this
      workshop's focus is on the interplay of I/O with virtualization and
      cloud technologies. Our goal is to provide a forum to discuss the impact
      and challenges of I/O virtualization along multiple dimensions,
      including: the application domains in which virtualized solutions are
      used and the subsystems involved; platform or hardware support for I/O
      virtualization; the virtual machine monitor; the guest operating system;
      the processor, GPU, memory, and I/O subsystems. Also of interest are
      higher-level virtualization solutions, such as those concerning API
      virtualization, new virtual I/O APIs like those used for cloud storage,
      and innovative approaches to device virtualization in cloud computing
      and in the mobile domain.

      The committee also encourages the submission of short papers to update
      WIOV 11 attendees on new efforts or approaches. Please label such
      submissions accordingly.

      Topics of interest include but are not limited to:

      * Hardware support for I/O virtualization
      * Novel I/O device architectures for virtualization
      * New software approaches to I/O virtualization
      * Hardware and software methods for I/O device emulation
      * Para-virtualized I/O device driver design for virtualization
      * Virtual machine monitors' support for I/O
      * Security and trust considerations for virtualized I/O, including
      hardware support
      * Energy-efficient I/O virtualization
      * Virtualized I/O in the cloud: API virtualization, challenges of
      large-scale I/O (performance, availability)
      * Virtualization mechanisms for datacenter networking
      * I/O monitoring and black box methods or system support for such functions

      Paper submissions are due Monday, March 21, 2011, at 11:59 p.m. PST.
      Submissions guidelines and more information can be a found at
      http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/

      We look forward to receiving your submissions!

      On behalf of the WIOV '11 Program Committee,

      Sanjay Kumar, Intel Labs
      Himanshu Raj, Microsoft Research
      Karsten Schwan, Georgia Institute of Technology
      WIOV '11 Program Co-Chairs
      wiov11chairs@...

      WIOV '11 Call for Papers
      3rd Workshop on I/O Virtualization (WIOV '11)
      June 14, 2011, Portland, OR
      Part of the 2011 USENIX Federated Conferences Week, June 12-17, 2011
      http://www.usenix.org/wiov11/cfpb/
      Submission deadline: March 21, 2011, 11:59 p.m. PST