DCIT Linux Course For Beginners (pardon the ad

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2011
      FYI - ad ran in the newspapers today

      (h/t to Naresh Seegobin, who forwarded it to uwics. Forwarding it to TTCS, computing and ttlug -rij)

      The Department of Computing and Information Technology is hosting an
      introduction to Linux course, the details are below:

      Applications are invited for a 4-day course in Linux run by the
      Department of Computing & Information Technology, University of the West
      Indies, St. Augustine.

      Linux has the fastest growth rate of all operating systems (OS)
      world-wide. Linux is free and can be installed on a home PC or a network
      server for a small fraction of the cost of Windows or any other OS.
      Linux is faster, more stable, more reliable and more secure than any
      other OS.

      For the home user, anything you can do on Windows you can do better with
      Linux, with less problems. But it can co-exist nicely with Windows, if
      you wish.

      Linux was designed to keep on running: it now runs on thousands of
      mission-critical Web and corporate servers world-wide with negligible
      down time. Learn Linux and give yourself a low-cost, viable,
      non-proprietary alternative.

      Dates: Jan 15, 22, 29, Feb 5

      Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.

      Venue: Dept of Computing & Information Technology, UWI, St. Augustine

      Cost: $3000, includes tuition, lab time and certificate

      Facilitators: Noel Kalicharan, Sheik Yussuff, Naresh Seegobin

      Enquiries: 662-2002 ext 3080, 681-1713, 495-2032,
      dcitcertification@... <mailto:dcitcertification@...>
    • Nolan Joseph

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 18, 2011
          Wow saw this message late. can you guys keep me informed of any further
          schedules. Thanks in advance.

          http://xaitec.blogspot.com/

          On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 15:15, Nolan Joseph <kenzin@...> wrote:

          > Interesting........
          >
          > NJ

          > The Department of Computing and Information Technology is hosting an
          > introduction to Linux course, the details are below:
          >
          > Applications are invited for a 4-day course in Linux run by the
          > Department of Computing & Information Technology, University of the West
          > Indies, St. Augustine.
          >
          > Dates: Jan 15, 22, 29, Feb 5
          >
          > Time: 9.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
          >
          > Venue: Dept of Computing & Information Technology, UWI, St. Augustine
          >
          > Cost: $3000, includes tuition, lab time and certificate
          >
          > Facilitators: Noel Kalicharan, Sheik Yussuff, Naresh Seegobin
          >
          > Enquiries: 662-2002 ext 3080, 681-1713, 495-2032,

        • Rellon Lawrence
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 26, 2011
            Yeah i saw it too!!