Re: [ttlug] Ttlug.org web hosting and Greendot

  • Falina Baksh
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
      Sounds like a good idea once the uptime is good.

      On Nov 19, 2010 7:28 AM, "Stephen Sankarsingh" <stephentnt@...> wrote:
      > Will I be given root?
      >
      > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Shivan <shivanj@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Hi folks,
      >>
      >> Currently ttlug.org is being hosted on my company's server.
      >>
      >> Greendot has offered us free hosting with their SAN set up. In return i
      >> suggested the greendot logo or a link on their homepage to the effect of
      >> "hosting sponsored by greendot".
      >>
      >> My major concerns were uptime guarantee and backups both of which are 99%
      >> and yes resp.
      >>
      >> I'll be requesting ubuntu server edition.
      >>
      >> Any others major concerns by anyone?
      >>
      >> I can also oversee the entire process and i might as well update the site
      >> while i'm at it, maybe a new facelift?
      >>
      >> Shivan
      >>
      >> Sent from my mobile device

    • Shivan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
        Yes. You wanna handle security of the server?

        Also i need someone to set up a back up script for me. All that needs backing up are the website files and the database. Who ever wants to volunteer to do this, let me kno and/or email me off list... Or maybe start a new thread to discuss.

        Sent from my iPhone