Re: [ttlug] Ttlug.org web hosting and Greendot

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
      Will I be given root?

      On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Shivan <shivanj@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      >
      > Currently ttlug.org is being hosted on my company's server.
      >
      > Greendot has offered us free hosting with their SAN set up. In return i
      > suggested the greendot logo or a link on their homepage to the effect of
      > "hosting sponsored by greendot".
      >
      > My major concerns were uptime guarantee and backups both of which are 99%
      > and yes resp.
      >
      > I'll be requesting ubuntu server edition.
      >
      > Any others major concerns by anyone?
      >
      > I can also oversee the entire process and i might as well update the site
      > while i'm at it, maybe a new facelift?
      >
      > Shivan
      >
      > Sent from my mobile device

    • Falina Baksh
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
        Sounds like a good idea once the uptime is good.

        On Nov 19, 2010 7:28 AM, "Stephen Sankarsingh" <stephentnt@...> wrote:
        > Will I be given root?
        >
        > On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM, Shivan <shivanj@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Hi folks,
        >>
        >> Currently ttlug.org is being hosted on my company's server.
        >>
        >> Greendot has offered us free hosting with their SAN set up. In return i
        >> suggested the greendot logo or a link on their homepage to the effect of
        >> "hosting sponsored by greendot".
        >>
        >> My major concerns were uptime guarantee and backups both of which are 99%
        >> and yes resp.
        >>
        >> I'll be requesting ubuntu server edition.
        >>
        >> Any others major concerns by anyone?
        >>
        >> I can also oversee the entire process and i might as well update the site
        >> while i'm at it, maybe a new facelift?
        >>
        >> Shivan
        >>
        >> Sent from my mobile device

      • Shivan
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2010
          Yes. You wanna handle security of the server?

          Also i need someone to set up a back up script for me. All that needs backing up are the website files and the database. Who ever wants to volunteer to do this, let me kno and/or email me off list... Or maybe start a new thread to discuss.

          Sent from my iPhone