setup is a Load-balancing cluster

  • Fawwaz
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
      hello everyone,
      I am new to Linux and have limited experiences with linux. Presently my i have two old HP laptop and i want to setting up and running a linux in a cluster on them. Well regard to the type of cluster i want to setup is a Load-balancing cluster. If this can work, what distro and what cluster software can i used to accomplish this?

      Thank you for all you assistance.
      Fawwaz Mohamed
    • Fawwaz

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2010
          http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/35482

          CARP..

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
            Never tried this:
            http://www.howtoforge.com/high_availability_loadbalanced_apache_cluster

            On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM, Ansar Mohammed <ansarm@...> wrote:

            > http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/35482
            >
            > CARP..
            >
            > On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Fawwaz <essequibian@...> wrote:
            >

            > > hello everyone,
            > > I am new to Linux and have limited experiences with linux. Presently my i
            > > have two old HP laptop and i want to setting up and running a linux in a
            > > cluster on them. Well regard to the type of cluster i want to setup is a
            > > Load-balancing cluster.
            > > If this can work, what distro and what cluster software can i used to
            > > accomplish this?
            > >
            > > Thank you for all you assistance.
            > > Fawwaz Mohamed

            "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
              Your solution may be named ultramonkey but this one is probably easy enough
              for a monkey to setup:
              http://www.danga.com/perlbal/

              /Stephen