Re: [ttlug] Linux + PCI wireless card

  • Shivan Jaikaran
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
      2009/6/30 Trevor Christian <doubleOTeC@...>:
      > 2009/6/30 Richard Jobity <RichardJ@...>
      >
      >> Broadcoms are not good.
      >>
      > Yea... issues with a broadcom wireless card on a laptop

      check here for a possible solution to the broadcom wireless card on ubuntu

      http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog/?p=55
    • Clayton
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
      • Trevor Christian
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
          2009/7/1 Shivan Jaikaran <shivanj@...>

          > check here for a possible solution to the broadcom wireless card on ubuntu
          >
          > http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog/?p=55

          Thanks Shivan...

          I went that route some time back while running Fedora 9... got through,
          however, system subsequently became quite unstable. Eventually upgraded to
          F10 and haven't bothered with it since... I instead Tomato-ed" my router and
          used it as a wireless client... When portability resurfaces as a requirement
          for this machine this will prove useful.

          I must add that it wasn't as simple as a apt install when I did it on F9...
          hats off to those who saw fit to add it to repos

          Regards,
          Trevor "TeC" Christian
          Cell #: (868) 687 0436 / (767) 225 4472
          Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)