Re: [ttlug] Linux + PCI wireless card

  • Trevor Christian
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
      [?]
      Trevor "TeC" Christian
      Cell #: (868) 687 0436 / (767) 225 4472
      Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)

      2009/6/30 Richard Bailey <rmjb@...>

      > I believe the atheros chipset is well supported, but I don't know what
      > cards
      > are based off of it off the top of my head (that's a lot of offs and ofs).

    • Trevor Christian
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 30, 2009
        2009/6/30 Richard Jobity <RichardJ@...>

        > Broadcoms are not good.

        Yea... issues with a broadcom wireless card on a laptop

        Regards,
        Trevor "TeC" Christian
        Cell #: (868) 687 0436 / (767) 225 4472
        Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)

      • Shivan Jaikaran
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
          2009/6/30 Trevor Christian <doubleOTeC@...>:
          > 2009/6/30 Richard Jobity <RichardJ@...>
          >
          >> Broadcoms are not good.
          >>
          > Yea... issues with a broadcom wireless card on a laptop

          check here for a possible solution to the broadcom wireless card on ubuntu

          http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog/?p=55
        • Clayton
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
          • Trevor Christian
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 1, 2009
              2009/7/1 Shivan Jaikaran <shivanj@...>

              > check here for a possible solution to the broadcom wireless card on ubuntu
              >
              > http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog/?p=55

              Thanks Shivan...

              I went that route some time back while running Fedora 9... got through,
              however, system subsequently became quite unstable. Eventually upgraded to
              F10 and haven't bothered with it since... I instead Tomato-ed" my router and
              used it as a wireless client... When portability resurfaces as a requirement
              for this machine this will prove useful.

              I must add that it wasn't as simple as a apt install when I did it on F9...
              hats off to those who saw fit to add it to repos