Re: [ttlug] TTLUG Executive Selection For 2009-2010

  • Deosaran Bisnath
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2009
      Even when it starts up as a "serious' meeting it usually ends
      up in a drink-up mode....but most meetings I attended in NY, NJ, and CA
      are made up of two parts - the first part with speech and talk (mainly for the
      benefit of the 'sponsor'  company), they give away a one or two of their products, and  and then it's eat & drink time. Then from there groups of people head towards
      their favorite bars, clubs etc. In sleepy scary Trinidad where people run home fast
      after work to escape crime etc, it would be unrealistic to expect the same. Yeah,
      yeah, sue me for being 'unpatriotic.'
      Problem is I don't know if we can get 'sponsor' companies to pay the tab
      for eats and drinks in Trinidad.

      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=634751846

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
        Yuh doh need "sponsor companies", Deosaran.

        ____________ _________ _________ __

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
          Vasudev,

          Start less formally. Just get folk meetiing again to start with. You
          can do/coordinate more serious meetings later.

          -rij

          ________________________________
> [...]

          > > preferably on the subject of TTLUG executive selection for the next
          > > year.
          > >
          > > Please feel free to reword the subject if your thoughts deviate from

          > > this topic but you still wish it to be heard.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Nissan Dookeran
          > > http://redditech. blogspot. com
          > > http://redditech. wordpress. com
          > > ----
          > > "Find a problem. Figure out how to solve the problem. Find more
          > > people with the same problem and you have a business."
          > > (Gary Schoeniger, founder of the Entrepreneurial Learning
          > > Initiative)
          > >
          > > The Law of Motion & Responsibility:
          > > If you are neither learning nor contributing you are needed
          elsewhere.

          > --
          > "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

          Groups Links
        • Deosaran Bisnath
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
            Nah man, it's time some of these companies in the IT sector sponsor ....
            we got to gently inculcate the culture of sponsorship into the local
            corporate sector.

            Let's try it ? Send out a few letters (e-mails) to the marketing/corporate communications dept of companies in the IT sector for sponsoring tech meetings and events.

            The worst is they refuse us.

            From: Vasudev Seeram <cavguy101@yahoo. com>

            To: TTLUG@yahoogroups. com

            From: Shivan Jaikaran <shivanj@gmail. com>

> [...]

            > > preferably on the subject of TTLUG executive selection for the next

            > > year.

            > > Please feel free to reword the subject if your thoughts deviate from

            > > this topic but you still wish it to be heard.

            > > --

            > > Nissan Dookeran

            > > http://redditech. blogspot. com

            > > http://redditech. wordpress. com

            > > ----

            > > "Find a problem. Figure out how to solve the problem. Find more

            > > people with the same problem and you have a business."

            > > (Gary Schoeniger, founder of the Entrepreneurial Learning

            > > Initiative)

            > > The Law of Motion & Responsibility:

            > > If you are neither learning nor contributing you are needed elsewhere.

            > --

            > "Asking the wrong questions is the leading cause of wrong answers."

            Trinidad and Tobago Linux Users Group http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/ttlug

          • Nissan Dookeran
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 1, 2009
              Given that it's been more than a week and this topic has changed much
              beyond the subject given, I'm going to call this thread closed.

              There has been no objections, and no public declines of current
              postings for a subsequent year, although the fact that there were no
              affirmations either is also a bad sign. Until it is brought up by the
              community as an issue once more, or another year has passed, I
              consider this executive's current status and positions to remain as it
              is for another year.

              I do encourage and will participate in (as much as I can in my remote
              location) in any continued discussions and events planning, under of
              course a properly headed thread.

              -Nissan