Use GNUPG

  • ajchung@email.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      Someone claiming to be Dale Chulhan sent this email:

      > From: "Dale Chulhan - Work" <dchulhan@...>
      > Subject: Re:
      >
      > Ok kind folks I spoke to stephan on the phone and he says its ligit
      > so any one who can pull out please do so ...

      And we can go around and around ad infinitum. Is my name really Adrian
      Chung who is sending this email to you?

      This is exactly why programs such as PGP and GNUPG
      (http://www.gnupg.org/) were created. Use them. Create a digital
      signature for yourself and hold a face-to-face key signing party so
      questions of authenticity over the Internet are minimised.

      GNUPG is now included with the Mandrake, RedHat and SuSE
      distributions.

      Adrian

      PS. For everyone's sake I hope all our family members are safe.