"Linux compatible smart-phone"

  • Trevor Christian
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 4:21 AM
      Hey all...

      I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion and or success story regarding
      their linux desktop and a 'smart phone' - possibly windows mobile. If so...
      how does it work out in operation and syncing etc.?
      Regards,
      Trevor "TeC" Christian
      Cell #: (767) 225 4472 / (868) 687 0436
      Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6 4:44 AM
        Never had any experience in this but Ubuntu's help site has a bunch of
        information about many mobiles.
        Link here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PortableDevices

        On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Trevor Christian <doubleOTeC@...>wrote:

        > Hey all...
        >
        > I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion and or success story
        > regarding
        > their linux desktop and a 'smart phone' - possibly windows mobile. If so...
        > how does it work out in operation and syncing etc.?
        > Regards,
        > Trevor "TeC" Christian
        > Cell #: (767) 225 4472 / (868) 687 0436
        > Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)

        Reporter: What is your opinion on the obesity problem?
        King: I prefer it to the famine problem
        - Wizard of ID

      • Trevor Christian
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6 6:14 AM
          Came across this... http://tuxmobil.org/

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6 9:49 AM
            It depends on your definition of "Linux Compatible".

            The Motoming (Motorola A1200, Motorola A1600 and some varieties of the
            Krzr) are run on a Linux OS. Does not prevent them from syncing using
            Motorola Phone Tools or being recognized as a USB device.

            In terms of syncing with an address book, I am not as sure.

            It would depend on the individual phones and the ability of said phones
            to import addresses in a particular format.

            I know the Windows mobiles, Symbian phones and the RIM Blackberries can
            sync to corporate email accounts, or whatever uses Outlook. Don't know
            about other phones.

            -rij

            Trevor Christian wrote:
            > Came across this... http://tuxmobil.org/
            >
            > Trevor "TeC" Christian
            > Cell #: (767) 225 4472 / (868) 687 0436
            > Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)
            >

            > 2009/3/6 Trevor Christian <doubleotec@...>
            >
            >> Hey all...
            >>
            >> I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion and or success story
            >> regarding their linux desktop and a 'smart phone' - possibly windows
            >> mobile. If so... how does it work out in operation and syncing etc.?
            >> Regards,
            >> Trevor "TeC" Christian
            >> Cell #: (767) 225 4472 / (868) 687 0436
            >> Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)

          • kimaniidanieldotcom
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 9 6:19 PM
              The closest I got to Linux on a phone was the TMobile (HTC) G1, really sweet
              phone, once you get it unlocked and activated (which took me about 2 months
              of poking around)... But that's probably not a good comparison...

              KD

              On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 8:21 AM, Trevor Christian <doubleOTeC@...>wrote:

              > Hey all...
              >
              > I'm just wondering if anyone has a suggestion and or success story
              > regarding
              > their linux desktop and a 'smart phone' - possibly windows mobile. If so...
              > how does it work out in operation and syncing etc.?
              > Regards,
              > Trevor "TeC" Christian
              > Cell #: (767) 225 4472 / (868) 687 0436
              > Home Page (http://www.trevorchristian.com/)