TTCS online meeting on Monday 3rd November 2008 from 7:30pm
- The Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (TTCS) will be having an online
meeting on Monday 3rd November 2008 at 7:30pm
via Skype (http://www.skype.com/). The Trinidad and Tobago Computer
Society skype account is "trinidadtobagocomputersociety".
Those with Skype accounts who wish to participate, add your Skype
contact to the "trinidadtobagocomputersociety" Skype account or email
admin@... with your Skype ID.
Please confirm by email to admin@... that you will be
participating at this online meeting.
The focus of this online meeting is to discuss the draft Trinidad and
Tobago Government Omnibus Technical Standards (eGOTS) which describes
the technical standards in the areas of
• networking (e.g IPv4, 802.11g, WebDAV)
• data integration (these relate to the format of the data being
transferred including file format types e.g DOC, PDF, MP3)
• application / presentation (e.g POP3, CSS2, AJAX, RSS)
• security (e.g Kerberos v5, SHA-256, WEP,
• web services (SOAP 1.2, WS-Discovery, WS-Reliability v1.1)
to be used within and by the Trinidad and Tobago Government for the
exchange of information between :
Government and citizens (G2C), Government and Businesses (G2B) and
Different Government entities (G2G).
Standards are classified in terms of the maturity of their use within
Trinidad and Tobago Government systems :
• Under Observation - means that the standard is either on the list to
consider or is under active consideration.
• Approved - the standard has been adopted for use within the T&T public
• Deprecated - means that the standard is still in use within the T&T
public sector. However, it has been superseded and should
not be used on new projects.
• Withdrawn - means that the standard has either been rejected at
initial consideration, or withdrawn from use for security or
other reasons. All users should move off withdrawn standards
The eGOTS will be discussed at a Ministry of Public Administration (MPA)
this week, hence the nature and sudden notice of this meeting.