Re: [ttlug] Drupal or Plone???

  • Shivan Jaikaran
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12 6:40 PM
      Drupal is run on php/mysql.....so your ability of adding functionality
      is limited by your ability to write php/sql (or the programmer you
      hire). Either way, the community is very active and if there is some
      functionality you need, there is a 99% chance someone in the community
      already had that need and wrote a custom module for it. All it takes
      is search the drupal.org website.

      i should stop now...

      Shivan

      On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Ray Dookie <raydookie@...> wrote:

      > Django is great if you're building the site yourself, since its a python MVC
      > framework. I must admit, being a .NET guy i love django and the principles
      > it enforced, was even going to use it for one of my upcoming side
      > projects.... but i'll stick with .net since the asp.net mvc framework is
      > very close to release...and takes all the goodness of django and ruby and
      > rails and ties them together with the power of C#...

      > http://www.djangobook.com/ (free online book)
      > http://www.rubyonrails.com/
      > http://asp.net/mvc/

      Shivan Jaikaran
      http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog
    • kimaniidanieldotcom
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12 6:47 PM
        thanks much guys... I'm leaning to plone, although I have started looking at
        Django.

        KD

        --
        Kimanii G. Daniel