Re: [ttlug] Drupal or Plone???

  • Ray Dookie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 12, 2008
      Django is great if you're building the site yourself, since its a python MVC
      framework. I must admit, being a .NET guy i love django and the principles
      it enforced, was even going to use it for one of my upcoming side
      projects.... but i'll stick with .net since the asp.net mvc framework is
      very close to release...and takes all the goodness of django and ruby and
      rails and ties them together with the power of C#...

      http://www.djangobook.com/ (free online book)
      http://www.rubyonrails.com/
      http://asp.net/mvc/

    • Shivan Jaikaran
      Message 2 of 7 , May 12, 2008
        Drupal is run on php/mysql.....so your ability of adding functionality
        is limited by your ability to write php/sql (or the programmer you
        hire). Either way, the community is very active and if there is some
        functionality you need, there is a 99% chance someone in the community
        already had that need and wrote a custom module for it. All it takes
        is search the drupal.org website.

        i should stop now...

        Shivan

        On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Ray Dookie <raydookie@...> wrote:

        > Django is great if you're building the site yourself, since its a python MVC
        > framework. I must admit, being a .NET guy i love django and the principles
        > it enforced, was even going to use it for one of my upcoming side
        > projects.... but i'll stick with .net since the asp.net mvc framework is
        > very close to release...and takes all the goodness of django and ruby and
        > rails and ties them together with the power of C#...

        > http://www.djangobook.com/ (free online book)
        > http://www.rubyonrails.com/
        > http://asp.net/mvc/

        Shivan Jaikaran
        http://www.shivanjaikaran.com/blog
      • kimaniidanieldotcom
        Message 3 of 7 , May 12, 2008
          thanks much guys... I'm leaning to plone, although I have started looking at
          Django.

          KD

          --
          Kimanii G. Daniel